hf1

Molars etc...

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Re: Molars etc...

Postby lazylexis » Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:04 pm

There is another option if she won't take it.possibly cefradine but i'd have to double check!not sure why she's on phenoxymethylpenicillin when fluclox is better.
If it's only a small patch you can try fusidic acid cream instead.i think nathan's teeth are bothering him too as he's been awake every hour tonight so far and crying.

My avatar
Sunset
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Sunset » Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:10 pm

Velvetsteph wrote:Phenoxymethylpenicillin

Also contains:
Sodium Benzoate (E211)
Ponceau 4R (E124)
Sunset Yellow (E110)
Saccharin sodium,
Trusil orange=flavour
Sorbitol 60W (E4201)
and mono ammonium glycyrrhizinate (which I've never heard of!! ;) )

wonder if mixing it with manuka honey would work...

That's what they prescribed Isaiah when he had tonsilitis, absolutely foul stuff! Put him off taking any kind of meds for months. In the end the only way I could get it in to him was mixing it with the Organix fruit purees, and most days I didn't manage the 4 doses either but it did clear up the tonsils within a couple of days

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:24 pm

lazylexis wrote:There is another option if she won't take it.possibly cefradine but i'd have to double check!not sure why she's on phenoxymethylpenicillin when fluclox is better.
If it's only a small patch you can try fusidic acid cream instead.i think nathan's teeth are bothering him too as he's been awake every hour tonight so far and crying.

I'm not really sure either - especially as she mentioned fluclox but there you go... It is supposed to be good for soft tissue infections...
We were prescribed flucidic acid cream last week but it's not really touched it to be honest :? it was prescribed twice a day... (Fucidin)... It was only a small patch to start with - but has spread unfortunately and is now two big patches instead of one small one... I was hoping she wouldn't have to suffer this having caught it early too!

Will have to phone nursery tomorrow and see what their policy on impetigo is :?
Wondering if tis covered and she's already had a few days abx if she'd be ok to go in :? Not sure when it stops being infectious...

My avatar
jules070603
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby jules070603 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:50 am

Yuck Yuck Yuck.

Sounds like its both the meds and the teeth causing issues.

You know my story with Imogen and her non-eating :-? I'm now convinced its teething. She has been eating fairly well for a week and now seems to be cutting incisors and is having issues again :roll:

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:09 pm

Thankfully she's been much less fussy today and took the abx mixed with mango puree with less fuss - phew!

I'm still not very happy about the list of ingredients in them but nevermind...

She's a lot happier in general today... And once it's scabbed over she can return to nursery thankgoodness as I can't get any time off this week realistically!

I'm now concerned Isabelle is going to get a small patch on her cheek :?
Will have to keep a close eye on it!

My avatar
Woozle35
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby Woozle35 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:31 pm

Velvetsteph wrote:Thankfully she's been much less fussy today and took the abx mixed with mango puree with less fuss - phew!

I'm still not very happy about the list of ingredients in them but nevermind...

She's a lot happier in general today... And once it's scabbed over she can return to nursery thankgoodness as I can't get any time off this week realistically!

I'm now concerned Isabelle is going to get a small patch on her cheek :?
Will have to keep a close eye on it!

Glad she is feeling better today. Oscars back teeth are coming through and the words 'clingy' and 'whingy' come to mind :giggle:

Previous

Return to Baby and Toddler