hf1

toddler diarrhoea??///updated8/8 on page 2

My avatar
ladybird
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: toddler diarrhoea??///updated8/8 on page 2

Postby ladybird » Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:23 pm

Have you thought about giving him acidophilus/probiotics. It might help rebalance his system after the bug.

My avatar
chocmuffin
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby chocmuffin » Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:07 pm

:hug: We had this problem with Cara a few wks back (only just read this thread) it lasted about a week then sorted itself out. I am inclined to think with Care it was due to teething, she has so many teeth already & won't let you check but she also went off her teeth being brushed & woke a few times a night to cry out & then go straight back to sleep. She has been sleeping soundly since about 4mths!
I hope you are sorted soon :hug:

My avatar
Sunset
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Sunset » Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:05 pm

I know it doesn't make logical sense about a different reaction to formula and cows milk, as formula is cows' milk based, but it really has an affect for DS.
For DS I think he only has a mild intolerance which is why he can have a small amount of raw cows milk on cereal but no more. He is absolutely fine on cow's milk based formula so I'm guessing it's because it's processed then it's easier to digest :-? . It has just taken 2 weeks for him to get over my last trial of 2 days 50/50 cows milk/formula bottles and that was my 3rd attempt at introducing it. We'll be sticking to toddler milk until he no longer needs it, as I can't put him through that pain and discomfort again.
:hug: I hope you find a solution as it is so distressing seeing them unwell :hug:

Previous

Return to Baby and Toddler