hf1

How heavy is your toddler

My avatar
karenandgeorgia
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: How heavy is your toddler

Postby karenandgeorgia » Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:03 pm

beck wrote:Phebies a little thing too weighing in at 11.2 kgs shes a few months younger though. Shes sitting just under the 50th centile. Our CHN kept going on that she was underweight but my dr said shes fine and well in proportion.

I wouldn't worry as long as your happy with her size thats all that matters,

It does seem to be that 50 centile they go by, should every child be exactly on that line :? :roll: :roll: Sophie was always over and the hv always commented on that, now Georgia is under....they are both perfect to me :D

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:05 pm

The whole point in those charts is to show that the 50th centile is "average" well obviously there will be wide variations around that because not everyone is "average" so we shouldn't strive to fit all children onto that line should we?

My avatar
Shevi
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Shevi » Fri Apr 04, 2008 4:48 pm

just weighed them, Boo is just below 12 kilo (but is also quite tall for his age) and Taneli is 18 kilo...no idea how this weighs up on the charts...but they both eat well, ahve plenty of energy and are growing!!!

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Fri Apr 04, 2008 4:59 pm

It sounds like Georgia is absolutely normal and just perfect.

It is much better IMO to have a healthy child that may not weigh loads, than a child who weighs what the hv want as normal because they eat junk all the time :shock:

My avatar
Shevi
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Shevi » Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:10 pm

is this still on the 1960's weight chart like thwe babies ones!!??

My avatar
sueeltringham
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby sueeltringham » Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:30 pm

Rebecca is a similar age to Georgia and she is only just 11kg. We now attend a consultant paediatrician clinic because of Rebecca's food allergies and weight and they say we are doing very well. I hate this obsession that the HV's have with the centiles and weight charts. It just shows how little they understand statistics. It's a pet hate of mine (plus we've had soooo many comments). If you think Georgia is fine and she's within the normal range, they really shouldn't be making comments like this!

Sue

My avatar
lilylover
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby lilylover » Sat Apr 05, 2008 8:46 am

Georgia sounds just fine karen, I agree that we get too caught up in the charts I think that if she is happy and healthy then all is well. Lily is a little older than georgia and is lucky to make 10kg (usually between 9.6-10kg) but she eats everything in sight and is a happy contented little girl :D I do constantly get remarks from people though which can be annoying :? :?

Sam xx

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sun Apr 06, 2008 7:50 am

She sounds fine to me! Louis is 13kg and has been for ages and I remember at this age Josh went about a year without putting aNY weight on just because he was so active, was never worried about it! She is much more petitie than Louis so sounds normal as anything to me!

My avatar
pinkydinkydoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby pinkydinkydoo » Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:58 pm

I do'nt think you need to worry, sounds a decent enough weight to me. Tallon is 3 1/2 and weighs 28lbs. I guess our toddlers just run around a lot? :lol:

Previous

Return to Baby and Toddler