hf1

bed guard

My avatar
Rae
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

bed guard

Postby Rae » Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:17 pm

Went out and bought a bed guard today without checking it out properly. Going to take it back tommorow, as we have a cot bed with a wooden slatted base, and the tommy one I got has a lip that means it will only fit on divan beds :roll: . Anyway, just did a very quick search and all the guards I can see seem to be made this way. Anyone know of where you can buy one that will fit on a bed with a small wooden lip that holds the matress in place?

My avatar
babyroo
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Re: bed guard

Postby babyroo » Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:20 pm

We had a tomy one that worked with a wooden slatted base (single bed not cot though). It was from toys R us. I think it has been changed slightly, but they still sell it.

My avatar
sueeltringham
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby sueeltringham » Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:46 pm

We use the Tomy one on a slatted wooden cot bed base. It doesn't sit as well as on a single bed, but it does the trick.

Sue

My avatar
karenandgeorgia
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby karenandgeorgia » Sat Apr 05, 2008 12:01 pm

Georgia has a little Ikea toddelr bed with a guard on that slots onto just the side. They sell the guard seperately, I am sure it would fit a standard cot bed.

My avatar
trogette
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby trogette » Sat Apr 05, 2008 10:13 pm

Worth asking on an AP board cos lots of people use them on double beds. I don't have any experience of them though.

My avatar
Rae
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Rae » Sun Apr 06, 2008 8:15 am

ended up stopping by 'the baby shop' yesterday (family owned business which I prefer buying from than mothercare) and got a baby dan one. Fits so much better. David even cable tied the metal to the base for added security.

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:48 am

We used one on our double bed but I've no idea what brand it was - it had two prongs and that was it - but I think mainly it was wedged on between the matress and the bed if that makes sense...

I think it's daft that most brands only fit divan beds when duh most toddler beds, child beds or single beds for children have a slatted base :roll:

My avatar
Shevi
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Shevi » Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:19 am

Rae wrote:ended up stopping by 'the baby shop' yesterday (family owned business which I prefer buying from than mothercare) and got a baby dan one. Fits so much better. David even cable tied the metal to the base for added security.

we have the baby dan one and its fab.
very secure...we couldn't flip it down cos of the cot bed with a wooden lip...but it didn't matter. very vere good one with no places to trap fingers and just enough space for Taneli to go round

My avatar
Rae
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Rae » Sun Apr 06, 2008 1:06 pm

Yeah, we can't flip the baby dan down, but even if we didn't have the lip on the base of the bed, the bed is so low off the ground that it wouldn't be at a 90 degree angle to the floor - more a 45 degree, so no real point in flipping it down, because you couldn't sit next to the bed anyway IYKWIM

Return to Baby and Toddler