hf1

Dummy be gone

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Dummy be gone

Postby Kirstyh » Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:35 pm

So we have decided to get rid of the manky dummies especially as madame was putting the whole thing in her mouth and gagging :shock: she has always tucked it under her bottom lip but this is just dangerous. So despite her being poorly she went to bed last night with no dummy and settled really well, was asleep within 10 mins :wine: and so far today she has been fine despite being doped up on meds for her Slapped Cheek, she has only once gone to my bag to look for one and was quite content when I siad it was gone :wine:

In case we hit any problems what advice have any of you got to offer, fc we won't though?

My avatar
fivefourfour
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: Dummy be gone

Postby fivefourfour » Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:42 pm

From my experience working in nurseries, I found dummy fairy type things worked really well (that's what we plan on doing, I'm going to get a little fairy door from Simply Isis). That does need a little bit of preperation though, giving them some warning of what is to come. I guess as you have already done it, it may not work, so I would say it's because she is such a big girl she doesn't need the dummy anymore. And maybe a little treat for getting through 7 nights dummy-free.

Sounds like she is doing well, though, so fc it will carry on smoothly.

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:43 pm

Sounds like she is doing fab

I suppose now it is just a case of being strong and not giving in - have you disposed of them? No point going back now :wink:

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Shaunie » Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:46 pm

DS1 went without no problem. Santa took all his dummies last christmas eve and left him a diego book in place of them. He settled no probs at night & only in the morning did he look for one but only for 2 days - has never been mentioned since so FC it's an easy transition for you too :hug:

He even told DS2 the other day that when he's older, santa will take your dummies because you'll be a bigger boy :giggle:

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:52 pm

Annette wrote:Sounds like she is doing fab

I suppose now it is just a case of being strong and not giving in - have you disposed of them? No point going back now :wink:

No we haven't got rid of them, think we might though.
Did think about trying the fairy thing but not sure how much she would understand it, our fault totally for keeping her our baby :oops: I did say to her earlier that Princess Holly had taken it to fairy land :oops: :giggle: and she was fine with that.
I think she is just so laid back it isn't going to be an issue with her, well fc anyway!

My avatar
leal123
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby leal123 » Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:13 pm

We did the dummy fairy route, where I said I'd had a letter off the fairy to say she was coming for the dummies on a certain day to take to new babies and that she'd leave a pressie behind. It worked for the other 2 and we never looked back, I just hope Elliott is the same. We're just waiting for him to be able to fully comprehend and then the dummy fairy will be paying another visit :giggle: Good luck, I think you just have to be strong now and don't give it back :lol:

My avatar
northernruth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby northernruth » Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:58 pm

How about a little present from the Dummy Fairy in the morning when she wakes up?

My avatar
scarlet
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby scarlet » Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:12 pm

What age did you do the removal at? DD is 9 months and only has dummy for naps ( at home) and during the night. Not sure when is the best age to remove them? :oops:

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Shaunie » Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:20 pm

scarlet wrote:What age did you do the removal at? DD is 9 months and only has dummy for naps ( at home) and during the night. Not sure when is the best age to remove them? :oops:

DS1 had just turned 3 & DS2 will be just under 2.5 when we try with him. I personally think it's fine for naps & night time which is what mine both had them for (unless poorly) & think that anywhere between 2 & 3y/o is an 'acceptable' age to have stopped by but that's just my opinion :)

Some people do it much earlier though :)

Next

Return to Baby and Toddler