hf1

Mmr?

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Mmr?

Postby megansmummy » Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:53 am

Kieren is overdue for his MMR and i finally made the appt for tomorow morning, Megan breezed through hers but i was in hospital unexpecidly when she had it done and hubby took her and we didnt really think about it too much...

Ours docs recomend that you give them a dose of calpol before you take them...did you? Im dreading it, i get myself so worked up when they have jabs :( I know to watch out for the obvious signs afterwards but whats your experience of having it done? were they fine? or did they have side effects?

My avatar
jules070603
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: Mmr?

Postby jules070603 » Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:01 pm

:hug: :hug: :hug:

When Imogen had hers my mum took her as I was working. She didn't even flinch apparently, she watched the needle and everything but no tears :shock:

Not sure if its the same in your area but Zach would have been due a couple of things at the same time - I decided I wanted him to have the MMR seperately to the other, left a few weeks in between but thats just my personal preference.

The next day she did seem a little grumpy which we thought could be related but it could have been a coincidence.

No reactions - no rashes or anything.

With regards the calpol - For all the jabs, I don't give it as a matter or course just if I think they need it afterwards.

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:08 pm

Thanks Jules, he was due jabs at 13 months and then the following week he was due is MMR which is why i delayed it...as you said i prfer them to be seperate so if he did react to something i would knot what it was he was reacting to...

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:10 pm

Grace is overdue for hers too and due to have it along with a whole host of other jabs on the 14th... :?
TBH I'm not keen on her having so much all in one go!
PCV, MenC, HIB Booster and 1st MMR...
It is three seperate jabs I think :?

Isabelle was fine with her MMR but she didn't have it until she was 2 as she was ill every time she needed to go :roll:

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:11 pm

Gosh that is alot isnt it steph? Kierens 13 month ones were 3 jabs but it wasnt his MMR (cant remember off the top of my head what they were)... Can you ask for the them to do the MMR seperatly? :hug:

My avatar
jules070603
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby jules070603 » Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:16 pm

Yep, just tell them which ones you give permission for.

I think imogens were the same as Grace and I didn't want her to have 3 jabs for 6 things at once.

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:19 pm

Yes you can - so she'll have the MMR and then she can have the others another month I think...

My avatar
*tinkerbellarella*
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby *tinkerbellarella* » Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:20 pm

taliesin had his recently, he had 2 jabs one in each leg, and was sooooo not amused! but i took a banana for distraction and he was fine in seconds. sure i read ur not meant to give calpol as a precaution, and that ur meant to use it only when needed, or something.

we had ours all in one go. i wasn't worried about the all in one version.

My avatar
Allie
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Thankyou Moderators :)

Postby Allie » Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:25 pm

Dexter had his MMR last Friday and seems fine so far. I've never had to give calpol after any of his jabs, in fact he was almost 6 months old before he had his first calpol :shock:

Next

Return to Baby and Toddler