hf1

Mmr?

My avatar
charlibunny
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Re: Mmr?

Postby charlibunny » Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:32 pm

They are supposed to have the Men C one at 12 months and the MMR at 13 months.

Ella was allergic to hers and hospitilised, So was Molly, but then again so was I!! Neither reacted again at age 4 though!!
Sophie on the other hand had no side effects whatsoever!!

Hope it goes ok xxxx

My avatar
JenKyleKaitlinRoo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby JenKyleKaitlinRoo » Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:50 pm

I delayed the MMR too with dd as I felt 13months was too young to have so much going in. She was 21months before I got hers done.

Roo has the PCV or Hib or something today (the 12months lot at 16months nearly!) and his MMR will be delayed too. I dont give calpol or anything before, only if they need it after.

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby gilbertandmartha » Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:56 pm

As a regular user of calpol :oops: I calpoled before hand, and glad I did!

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Shaunie » Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:59 pm

Never heard of calpol before & I don't recall giving it after either. Isaac had a jab in each leg, he cried but it was very short lived. No problems after. His older brither cried for longer and that was just being in the same room!

Jonah has his over-due jabs on Friday which I'm dreading as he's not had any since he was a baby - he gets upset even talking about injections since I took him with me to get Isaac's done :(

My avatar
choccylisa
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby choccylisa » Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:01 pm

Have to admit Alana was 2 and a half before she had hers. I didn't want her having it done so young, it's five in one here at 13 months, with the 12 month jab being three in one. Our docs won't do them altogether, they have to be 4 weeks apart. Alana had the 12 month one fine, and I wanted to wait, but like you Tory I was really really nervous and in the end when Kellan was due his 12 month jab I made a double appointment and did them both together, and dh came with me for moral support (more for me than the kids :giggle: ). I took some maltesers with me and Steven came too, right family trip to the docs! But they both only cried for seconds as the maltesers did the trick well. Didn't give either calpol and Alana had no reaction to the mmr, neither did Steven when he had his at age 2. He'll be fine, but I completely understand how you feel about taking Keiren. Kellan hasn't had his MMR yet, I'll wait til the end of this year before I think about it.

My avatar
indigosky2k
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby indigosky2k » Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:04 pm

Kacie had hers late, about a month ago now, but it was because they wanted to do them all in one go at 12 months and I refused because like Jules and Steph I didn't want her having so many in one go :-? I think it's better to be able to pinpoint what they're reacting too if they do react.

Kacie however didn't have any apparent reaction imediately, she was a bit whiny the next couple of days, but she did have a temp and seem a bit poorly a week later. I've heard a few people say they're LO's seemed to be poorly a week or so later and I think it's suggested that the MMR can have this later effect. She didn't have any major reaction though, no stomach upset or very high temp or anything else I'd heard she might suffer. I just gave her some calpol when I thought she needed, certainly didn't give her any before and she was fine during it, did whimper when the needle went in, but didn't really cry and waved and smiled bye to the nurse, who I think was quite pleased by that :)

I queryed why they were giving them all at 12 months when she was first called up and apparently it's because of the high incidence of mumps in the area so they are getting them vaccinated as soon as possible, but it's always your choice if and when you get your children vaccinated, so they don't seem to object if you refuse. All but one of Kacie's friends had they're jabs seperated at 12 and 13 months and the friend who had them all at 12 months lives round the corner, so is in the same area, IYSWIM.

My avatar
wytch
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby wytch » Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:36 pm

Alanna was fine with hers and i think she had 3 jabs 2 in one leg and one in the other but i'd need to check her red book to be sure. my Doc say to avoid calpol unless they are unwell or have a temp. They dont like mums giving it before its needed here but it down to personal choice IMO. I think day 3 she had a temp 38.2 for 4hrs but was fine and still up to no good and then just when i was going to give her the calpol it went. I'm pretty sure the nurse told me that they can get side affects up to 15days after the jab but dont quote me. I pretty sure she had some at 12months and some at 13 months but i'd need to check which is which :oops: :oops: bad mummy i am for not remembering
Last edited by wytch on Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:41 pm

ours have all been fine and have all had their MMR slightly delayed. Anna was the only one that got any effects from it and that was what looked to be mumps about 6 weeks later but that can happen I believe. x

My avatar
wytch
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby wytch » Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:44 pm

I know if the child has an egg allergy theres a problem and i different type has to be given.

PreviousNext

Return to Baby and Toddler