hf1

Mmr?

My avatar
Lynnikins
Clothie
Clothie

Re: Mmr?

Postby Lynnikins » Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:24 pm

Nate had his about 3 wks late and he was fine with it , didnt bother with calpol beforehand and have heard it can mask the symptoms of a reaction so that you dont know if it is a serious reaction i think we gave him one dose of calprofen before bed and that was it he was fine,

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:17 pm

izzy has 3 jabs all together, she didnt like it but it was all over and done with then in one go. I find the whole thing traumatising and so tis done and out of the way. She cried but was soon comforted and then wasnt ill at all. no calpol no temp and all forgotton in 10 mins :hug:

My avatar
emmalala
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby emmalala » Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:22 pm

MIne have been fine. It looks awful though when they stab 4 needles in at once :shock: but its done in seconds

My avatar
RuthPat
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby RuthPat » Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:32 pm

I was still BF Hannah at 14 months so you can BF them to help with pain relief. I also and a Humzinger fruit bar in my hand and she saw the packet and stopped crying (I don't usually like to use food as a bribe but this is a bit different). It is hard to watch your Lo being "hurt" and actually be holding them at the time but as long as they get love and smile from you and the HV that does the jabs they should cope. There will almost certainly be tears but lots of hugs too. We give Calpol that night before bed after jabs. I hope it all goes well :-) Rx

My avatar
charliesam
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby charliesam » Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:36 pm

I don't know if the immunisations are done diffently in england and scotland but here you get hib/men c (1 combined injection) at 12 months and mmr and pcv at 13 months (2 injections)

some children might be a little grumpy afterwards and about 1 in 10 will have a mild flu like reaction a week to 10 days after the mmr.

Most LO's cry a little usually at the second inj but if you quickly pick them up and distract them it is usually short lived :D

My avatar
mrspumpkin
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby mrspumpkin » Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:16 pm

my two had no reactions to the mmr. i don't give calpol "just in case" , only if needed. i can't remember whether they had other ones done at the same - i think so. my two ahd extra injections for travel. i think the only ones they reacted to around that time was the swine flu

Previous

Return to Baby and Toddler