hf1

Bed for toddler - recommendations please

My avatar
happytails
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Bed for toddler - recommendations please

Postby happytails » Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:25 pm

Looking into getting DD a proper single bed (not a toddler bed) in the spring when DS will need the cot (she currently has it as a bed with the rails off). She really likes her bed but has fallen out a couple of times so hoping by spring she wont be doing that much :lol:

Anyway, recommendations please and linky if you can :wink: Am i best getting mattress separately or getting a bed with mattress? Do different types of mattresses matter at this age? She will be 2 and hoping to keep bed for as long as poss.

Thanks,

Also did your LOs have any problem with going from a toddler bed to a single bed?

TIA,
Sarah x

My avatar
Lynnikins
Clothie
Clothie

Re: Bed for toddler - recommendations please

Postby Lynnikins » Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:40 pm

my ds1 has been in all manner of beds since we took him from the cotbed to toddler bed lol including double mattreses on the floor lol, hes falling off his toddlerbed matress ( rolling off as its on the floor anyway ) and i find he stays on a single or a double bed well even if hes not got bed guards up, i would invest in a good mattress if you want it to last the top end range of the IKEA ones are good vaule and good quality from what ive found although their cheap ones are useless lol but they tend to only fit IKEA beds lol but they have some pretty funky kids beds so your daughter might enjoy one lol

My avatar
red_dwarf
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby red_dwarf » Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:49 pm

Ikea do an extendable bed that might suit you better. you have to buy a new matress for each length, but it gives you a lot more options if you dont want to put her in a big bed right away

My avatar
Amanda
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Amanda » Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:58 pm

Connor went straight from cotbed (in cot mode) to full size single when we needed the cotbed for Finn. Finn started off in a moses basket with us and we moved Connor out of the cot a couple of months before we'd need it for Finn, so Connor was about two when he went into his big bed. It's actually one of two singles that will fit together as bunks sometime in the future. He had a bedguard on it and never fell out. I only took it off quite recently as he used to always sleep up against it so I was worried about removing it, but he was fine without it.

Just before our holidays we got him a raised bed from Ikea though, and Finn's in the bed mode of the cotbed. It doesn't have sides or bedguard and he's so far only fallen out once. They'll go in the matching singles/bunk when they're older (or separate singles in separate rooms if they've had enough of sharing a room by then :giggle: )

Return to Baby and Toddler