hf1

Update on sleep

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Update on sleep

Postby lazylexis » Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:52 am

Well as I'm sure you all know Nathan still wakes up a minimum of 3 times a night.
This week Dh has put Nathan to bed twice :wine: for the first time in months. The first time it took 2 hours ( I was out for the evening) , the 2nd time I didn't hear any crying and it took about 20 mins, he has moaned about it ever since tho!
On Wed night Dh put Nathan to bed at 8 and I went to bed about 9.30. Nathan woke at 12 and then hourly until 7 :x so i was shattered! Last night he went to sleep at 8.45 and woke at 12. 1.30, 2.30 and at 3.30 I thought I'd see what happened as he normally wants a feed and cries. He poked my boob and said "mmmmm" asking for a feed. I pretended to be asleep for a few mins. He carried on. Then he tried to open my eyes and tapped me on the cheek :giggle: I had to try so hard not to laugh!! Still I pretended to be asleep. After another minute or so no crying and he simply snuggled in to me and went to sleep! And slept till 5 so slightly better. I think I might try this approach if he has fed within the last couple of hours and see how much sleep I get. If he starts crying and getting distressed then I'll feed him. I'm not sure if that will confuse him or not but seemed to be ok last night!

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Re: Update on sleep

Postby Shaunie » Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:14 pm

Yay for slightly better :wine: . DS2 never slept through & would just pull my pj top down to feed even when I tried not to let him. When he was around 11mths, DH started going into him instead of me & he slept through after 2 or 3 nights and has done ever since :shock: :wine:

FC it continues to get better :hug:

Return to Baby and Toddler