hf1

Phebie and her grommets (very long post)

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Phebie and her grommets (very long post)

Postby beck » Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:06 am

Well Phebie got her Grommets put in yesterday and I'm very proud of my little girl :D I'll do a start to finish because I want to print it out and put it in her keep sake box.

We arrived at the Childrens Hospital at 10.30 we were taken up to the ward and shown where her bed was and then taken around to the waiting room and it was FULL of toys, video games and ride on cars, big colourful painting and pictures all over the walls and windows - Phebie had a ball :D She had all her checks from the nurses and anaethestics dr (they were all so lovely) and she was good to go just had to wait for the afternoon surgery list to start at 1pm. She started to get a bit tired and restless, it was her normal nap time and she hadn't eaten since the night before, so she was starving the poor little thing. The nurses said that she was one of the youngest and would be either first or second.

It turned out that she was 2nd on the list and daddy and I went down to the theatre with her at 1.20 there were even more toys in the waiting room there!! I got dressed in theatre clothes (was a funny sight!) and carried her around to the operating room. Dont know why but I was shocked by all the equipment and people in there. I held her while the anae put 2 needles in her hand (she had had numbing cream put on) and then he said she'll go floppy in a minute but it wasn't a minute it was straight away and was a little scary. I then laid her on the bed and kissed her and I really had to fight back the tears seeing her like that.

On our way back up to the ward to wait for her I dropped in to get some food (I was starving too I felt bad that she couldn't have any breakky so I didn't either) while we were waiting dp got a phone call and it was all over and she was on her way back to the ward. Luckily nanny was still there so she had someone familiar to come back too.

Phebie was really cranky and I could hear her calling out 'mumma mumma' as soon as I got off the lift but soon settled down when we both hoped on the bed. The nurses brought her a vegemite sandwhich and a bottle and she ate the lot as well as half of my chicken burger. She had done really well after an hour or so shehad some final checks and then we were good to go! She was cute on the way home and was making lots of funny little noises and then giggling. We realised it must of been because she could actually hear them properly :D :D made it all very worth while :D

Sorry for the mammoth post :oops:

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: Phebie and her grommets (very long post)

Postby AnnetteandBen » Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:16 am

Wow Beck sounds like Phebie was a really brave person (more than me crying reading about her op) >:D<

My avatar
Rae
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Rae » Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:26 am

Really glad the op went well (even if it was a little scary for you)

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Thu Apr 17, 2008 5:09 pm

Awwwww that has mad eme teary too. Bless her little cotton socks. Did you realise how bad her hearing had been? How long til she is back to normal? Will she need more ops later?

My avatar
JanX
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby JanX » Thu Apr 17, 2008 6:09 pm

glad it all went well, and how exciting for her now to have all these new and interesting sounds to listen to and learn :D :D

jan x

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:13 pm

I got teary reading that too - what a brave little lady!

How exciting about the new sounds too!

My avatar
cherobanne
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby cherobanne » Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:53 pm

I'm glad it all went well, Beck. You must be so proud of Phebie! :)

Joanne

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Fri Apr 18, 2008 1:50 pm

Beck it sounds like Phebie and Mummy were both very brave. Glad it went well and hopefully Phebie will be much better for it and won't be suffering all those ear infections.

My avatar
babyroo
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby babyroo » Sat Apr 19, 2008 8:14 am

Awww she sounds so brave, well done Phebie and Beck too. Bless her being so pleased with the new sounds, I'm pleased it all went well.

Next

Return to Baby and Toddler