hf1

Nightmare teething!

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Nightmare teething!

Postby Velvetsteph » Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:16 pm

Now I know this is nothing compared to some poorly littleones at the moment but I just had to come on and vent a little about how impossible Isabelle is being!

One of her final back molars has just broken through and she has been the mardiest little madam today - I've done quite well distracting her and stuff but she forced herself to be sick at tea because she kept stuffing food in, couldn't chew it because her mouth was sore and couldn't swallow it because she hadn't chewed it - and we're desperately trying to disuade her from spitting food out (some of that seems to have filtered through at least) so she was deliberately sick - aargh!

She refused ibuprofen too... Spat it out...

And bit my finger HARD when I was trying to administer anbesol...

WHAT am I supposed to do!

Frozen green beans seem to help a little but she spurned raw carrot as it was the same colour as cheese and so didn't taste right... So then demanded cheese and we had the results above... :roll:

Will be making/buying some ice-lollies tomorrow and buying some melon or something I think...

Today she has eaten cheese and yogurt mainly... Nappies dreadful already due to diet (well and teeth a bit)...

*sigh*

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Re: Nightmare teething!

Postby Velvetsteph » Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:15 pm

Today was another tantrum avoidance day - kept her dosed up on Nurofen all day but where has my lovely daughter gone? She's turned into a tantrumming terror!
Quite embarrasing really... :oops:

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby beck » Sat Apr 19, 2008 12:21 am

>:D< Phebie can be a right terror head too when teething and its so frustrating when they spit nurofen or the like out isn't it. Could it be a combination of the teeth and maybe abit of the terrible twos thrown in? Really hope that she settles down soon and those nasty teeth pop thro soon.

My avatar
lilylover
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby lilylover » Sat Apr 19, 2008 9:00 am

Hopefully they come through soon steph and that isabelle isn't in too much pain. Some of the stages they go through can be so hard and draining but I try to remind myself it will get better (as lily throws herself to the floor in hysterics :hohoho: ). When lily was teething she would constantly suck on icypoles and the other fav was really chilled cucumber pieces. Even a nice cold face washer could help (even if it's only a distraction :wink: ).

Sam xx

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Sat Apr 19, 2008 11:57 am

>:D< >:D< Steph. Hope Isabelle's teeth are through soon and she's back to her normal self.

My avatar
karenandgeorgia
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby karenandgeorgia » Sun Apr 20, 2008 8:20 pm

Poor you and Isabelle >:D< Georgia has been doing the same with food redently, wanting to eat it but then spitting it out (yuk!)

Fromage frais and yogurt are never refused though :babyrolleyes:

Let's hope it passes quickly and our lovely little girls are back soon :lol:

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Sun Apr 20, 2008 8:22 pm

karenandgeorgia wrote:Let's hope it passes quickly and our lovely little girls are back soon :lol:

Oh yes PLEASE - this weekend has been very much hard work - and it's been quite obvious when the painkillers have started wearing off :roll:

My avatar
karenandgeorgia
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby karenandgeorgia » Sun Apr 20, 2008 8:29 pm

Velvetsteph wrote:
karenandgeorgia wrote:Let's hope it passes quickly and our lovely little girls are back soon :lol:

Oh yes PLEASE - this weekend has been very much hard work - and it's been quite obvious when the painkillers have started wearing off :roll:

Yup, I know exactly what you mean >:D< I feel like we just get over one thing and it's onto something else. Georgia is sick far more that Ella and Sophie put together :( Georgia had eaten plate fulls of steamed carrots tonight.....if she continues like this she end up orange like am umpalumpa :hohoho:

Other than venturing into crocodile territory :wink: with the anbesol I am sorry I have nothing else to suggest.

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Sun Apr 20, 2008 8:40 pm

karenandgeorgia wrote:
Velvetsteph wrote:

Yup, I know exactly what you mean >:D< I feel like we just get over one thing and it's onto something else. Georgia is sick far more that Ella and Sophie put together :( Georgia had eaten plate fulls of steamed carrots tonight.....if she continues like this she end up orange like am umpalumpa :hohoho:

:hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho:
Well I guess at this stage in the game you're just glad that they've eaten something so aren't adding ravenously hungry to the list of things making them cranky... :roll:

Other than venturing into crocodile territory :wink: with the anbesol I am sorry I have nothing else to suggest.

:hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho:

She's full of a cold now too poor thing which is definatly linked but can't be helping...

I think Isabelle is going to turn into a bread stick a this rate! :roll:

Next

Return to Baby and Toddler