hf1

PMM and a when did yours do it?

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: PMM and a when did yours do it?

Postby AnnetteandBen » Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:44 am

Benjamin would get onto his side from birth, he was a side sleeper although everytime was put down on his back. I can't remember rolling but then he was never one to constantly roll around the room. As for moving at 4 months he could move himself at least 2 foot or his whole body length.

My avatar
zoeyboo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby zoeyboo » Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:01 am

Well Done Noah!

Rufus could roll one way at 4 months, both ways by 6 months, but mostly couldn't really be bothered to do it with any regularity until about 3 weeks ago, now he doesn't stop! Rolls all around the lounge, off the changing mat, off my lap, he even rolls while he is drinking his milk on some occasions!

My avatar
tiyuricc
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby tiyuricc » Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:10 am

Yay noah! well done!

Had to search through posts to see when dd rolled... bad mummy never writes these things down. She rolled back to front at 10.5 weeks (that was when she was doing it all the time, as a deliberate movement), and front to back about 2 weeks later. DS was marginally earlier - it was a couple of weeks after he started swimming which was at 6 weeks, so around 8 weeks-ish. Both hated lying on their backs as it made them cough / sick , so both were desperate to roll onto fronts.

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:57 am

Megan didnt roll till she was 8 months, didnt crawl till her first birthday and walked at almost 17 months

Kieren rolled at about 7 or 8 weeks, crawled at 5.5 months and walked at 10 months...

:wine: YAY Noah!! :hug: Hanna

My avatar
50ftQueenie
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby 50ftQueenie » Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:03 am

Ollie rolled at about 3 months, but he could stand holding on to fingers from this age too. He could travel by rolling at 4 months, sat unaided at 5 months, crawled at 6 months and walked at 10 months.

Martha is a neglected 2nd child.... I can't really remember! But.... I am pretty sure she rolled from front to back at about 6 months but would NEVER roll from her back to her front as she hated being on her front. She screamed and screamed and screamed about tummy time. :roll: She sat unaided at 7 months, crawled at 9 months and walked at 14 months.

Well done Noah! :wine: :wine: You'll be off causing trouble in NO time! :giggle:

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby dawnsmummy » Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:09 am

Dawn was about the same as Martha. Hated tummy time :roll:
She was holding her head up an hour after birth though :shock: Even the MW's commented that they hadn't seen that before.
Crawled on the day that was meant to be my friend's wedding (Made my friend cry even more :giggle: ), so she was..... 9 months? Walked just after her birthday. Talked not long after that and has never shut up since :giggle:

My avatar
Scotia
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby Scotia » Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:11 am

Go Noah :wine:

I can't remember the girls :oops: Ross rolled from back to front at 5 weeks. He was naked though so no nappy to hold him back. I can't remember when Kerr rolled, but he was sitting up unaided before he was 5 months and waliking at 8 months :shock:

My avatar
northernruth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby northernruth » Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:22 am

Hmmmm can't really remember but probably late. She didn't sit unaided until just before 8 months and was talking long before she walked at 15 months. Someone said to me that their brains develop different areas at a time so if they are more interested in the visual than the physical they will develop in that area, and then move onto something else.

A classic example of this with Martha is puzzles - she could do lift out puzzles really early and I remember her having an alphabet one that she mastered with ease before she was 2. Now however, she is way behind other kids her age in terms of what jigsaw puzzles she can do - the joy of language overtook the joy of spatial awareness!!!

They all catch up with each other eventually I guess :wink:

My avatar
Scotia
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby Scotia » Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:26 am

northernruth wrote:They all catch up with each other eventually I guess :wink:

Absolutely! By the time they go to school who will care who walked or talked the earliest :D

PreviousNext

Return to Baby and Toddler