hf1

First Words

My avatar
Soupdragon
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Re: First Words

Postby Soupdragon » Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:21 am

Iris' first proper word (excluding babblings of Mum-mum-mum and Dad-dad-dad) was c*ck (Google filtered). :oops: I'd been telling her the noise a cockerel makes and she didn't manage to say 'a-doodle-do'. DH will be telling that story at her wedding. :giggle:

My avatar
jules070603
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby jules070603 » Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:24 am

Soupdragon wrote:Iris' first proper word (excluding babblings of Mum-mum-mum and Dad-dad-dad) was c*ck (Google filtered). :oops: I'd been telling her the noise a cockerel makes and she didn't manage to say 'a-doodle-do'. DH will be telling that story at her wedding. :giggle:

:hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho:

My avatar
clairelou88
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby clairelou88 » Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:26 am

Alisters first word was dada, didnt say mama for ages! now he says so many words is crazy how much he picks up now!

My avatar
jules070603
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby jules070603 » Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:32 am

I've just remembered that Imogen made me :shock: the other day when she said 'jigsaw puzzle' - I had said it and she copied it, she's not said it since as she didn't understand the context, its just that she can be a real copy cat.

We have to be careful what we say around her which was never an issue with Zach. (although we didn't intentionally say inappropriate words around him of course :giggle: )

My avatar
leal123
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby leal123 » Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:35 am

I think Elliott's first ward was Dada. He's a bit behind my other 2 who have been chatterboxes since the word go :giggle: But it's amazing over the last month or so he's saying new things every day :wine:

My avatar
pinksalmon2001
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby pinksalmon2001 » Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:44 am

Tylers was Archie (the dogs name) closely followed by mum, dad and no. He has never said mummy or daddy , he insists on using the shortened versions that we have never used. He has a fairly large vocabulary now and can put a few words together into short sentences but no is definitely the favourite word atm :roll:

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:54 am

dada was used as babble from 5 months and then eventually with meaning but that was it for months :giggle: (she still doesnt say mummy) Then followed hi and bye. She has progressed slow and steady upto now she can say

Daddy
nooooooo
oh no
oh oh
ye....s
shooooooes
horse
mooo
cack (quack)
up down (upside down)
see saw
weeeeeeeeeeee
please
ta
ball
nice
more
narna

ONCE she said "no don't want to" :hohoho:

Jules izzy said shoes early on too! can you imagine them in a few years comparing shoes :giggle:

Nichola, thats so funny, isobella says cock for clock,sock and rock! she says it quite a lot.

My avatar
emmalala
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby emmalala » Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:13 pm

oh gosh can I remember?! Tylers was pider for spider after mum
lewis was mum mum
bailey was dada :roll:
dans was mum too

My avatar
becky1978
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby becky1978 » Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:52 pm

Archie said Mumma first, then Dada, closely followed by Ra-Ra which I worked out after a while to be 'Cameron' who is DS1! He still calls him Ra-Ra now!

PreviousNext

Return to Baby and Toddler