hf1

Quitting naps

My avatar
Soupdragon
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Re: Quitting naps

Postby Soupdragon » Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:11 am

Iris went through a phase a couple of months ago where I thought she was dropping her nap. She started refusing to sleep in the afternoon and then sometimes (maybe every 3 days or so?) she'd have a long afternoon sleep. Then, as suddenly as that phase started, it stopped again. And she's back to napping for a couple of hours every afternoon. :wine: I found trying to get her to sleep more stressful than giving up and spending some quiet time with her - like Steph said, reading or just having cuddles on the sofa.

My avatar
becky
Clothie
Clothie

Postby becky » Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:43 am

I'm having a similar struggle at the moment. DD1 is 2yrs 4 months and hasn't napped since we took her dummy away on the weekend. She is shattered but just screams if I try to put her down. DD2 is 9 months and they were having a lovely 2hr nap together in the afternoons when I had a bit of time to myself, so I'm less than impressed with losing that. Hoping she will give in and start having naps again soon though, she seems too young to be stopping them altogether. She does go to sleep at bedtime better with no nap though, fast asleep 6.30-7pm and up at 7-7.30am (is waking a couple of times in the night and wanting a nappy change in the middle of the night but this could be down to nearly being ready to potty train).

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:03 pm

monsterm wrote:He is very young to be quitting his naps. What time does he get up? What time does he normally go down for a nap?

Ben is a little younger and is dropping his naps at the moment, as I said in my post he will now happily go a few days without one and will then have one to catch up. It won't be long before he doesn't have one at all. He is up at 7am and goes to bed at 7pm - as does Charlotte

My avatar
moo54
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby moo54 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:13 pm

Well.......ds is currently asleep on the sofa after freaking out upstairs that he didn't want to sleep. Trouble is that as soon as dd is awake that's it for him and he doesn't like being disturbed - but an hours kip is better than nothing! He has been tantruming at the weekend with over tiredness and also walking into things and grizzling/whining alot more. He does sleep v well at night though - about 8pm-7.15am :wine:

For you with lo's that go to bed at 6pm.............. :shock:

Becky you are in the same boat as me......hard to enjoy the special 121 time with your eldest if all you want to do is catch up on sleep......plus I am tied to the house as dd is sleeping so can't get out for lunch dates still. Am back to work soon so this will be the least of my worries :cry:

Previous

Return to Baby and Toddler