hf1

Sleeping bag problem

My avatar
jennyclaire
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Sleeping bag problem

Postby jennyclaire » Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:44 pm

Hi there, my son is now 20 months old and has always slept in a baby sleeping bag. But now he can undo it and take it off. Which is a problem now the weather is getting colder. Does anyone know what the best solution could be or what I could use instead as the best transition from a sleeping bag to a quilt? He moves around a lot in bed so a sleeping bag has always been a good option to us..... any help appreciated :)

My avatar
Caroline
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Sleeping bag problem

Postby Caroline » Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:47 pm

I'd give him a duvet, he'll soon work it out :wink:

My avatar
JabberJabber
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Site Supporter

Postby JabberJabber » Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:48 pm

Oliver is just a bit younger and I am thankful he's not figured out how to undo his sleeping bag.

We've been trying to figure out how to do this transition too and have started putting a blanket in his cot so he's used to it. We've also put him in pj's under his sleeping bag rather than a long sleeved vest

My avatar
masheater
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby masheater » Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:50 pm

Adam did this too .... just moved to duvet. He didn't take long to figure out what to do if he was cold... :D

My avatar
karenandgeorgia
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby karenandgeorgia » Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:51 pm

Fleece sleepsuits are great for kids that won't stay covered up :D

My avatar
JanX
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby JanX » Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:17 pm

My 2 were total houdinins when it came to sleeping bags.. Which ones do you have? do they fasten with the zip down the middle at the front? if so then put it on backwards so the zip is up the centre back..

That fooled mine for a little while..

Other than that, a duvet/blankets and fleece sleepsuits were what we progressed to

Jan x

My avatar
happytails
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby happytails » Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:26 pm

Caroline wrote:I'd give him a duvet, he'll soon work it out :wink:

WSS but a couple of big cellular blankets instead so he can layer up as he likes. Id get a few fleece sleepsuits also so he is less likely to get cold (primark do them £4 each) if he does kick them off.

DD is 19 months and doesnt have sleeping bags anymore. I make sure she is well dressed (longies, long sleeved top and nightie to cover her back ATM) and she has a big cellular blanket which ive been telling her what its for and getting her used to it (she used to hate blankets), she now sleeps well with it and i will add a few more blankets when it gets cold :wink:

My avatar
jennyclaire
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby jennyclaire » Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:52 am

Thanks everyone for your advice. I am not sure what I'm going to try yet. Will let you know what happens! :)

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:21 pm

The fleece sleepsuits work well, but then I also have a child who has never taken off his sleeping bag and after 2 months of deciding he didn't want them anymore, chooses everynight to go to bed in one and he is nearly 36 months!

Return to Baby and Toddler