hf1

Mums of girls. help

My avatar
LilMrsAverage
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Mums of girls. help

Postby LilMrsAverage » Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:28 pm

Ok Tabitha has had quite heavy discharge for the last couple of days which the HV/MIdwife have confirmed is normal whilst her hormones adjust and she has now having a mini period which again they have said is normal...

However and again this sounds stupid but I'd rather ask :oops: how 'deep' do I clean when doing her nappy change if that makes sense at the moment we just cotton wool over and around but not in IYKWIM ( and always from front to back :wink: )

boys bits seem so much easier....

My avatar
peachy.moo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: Mums of girls. help

Postby peachy.moo » Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:31 pm

I just give a quick wipe over the front area with Elsie- was always told not to clean too much around there unless it looked like it needed it- she's never had an infection *touch wood* anyway!!

I agree, boys bits seem sooo easy once you have a girly!!!

My avatar
charlibunny
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby charlibunny » Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:32 pm

You don't need to 'digging' about, just wipe from front to back and kind of wipe "in the curtains' sort of thing if there is stuff you need to clean. The discharge and period are totally normal.

You watch i am going to be asking how to wipe meat and two veg soon :hohoho:

My avatar
LilMrsAverage
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby LilMrsAverage » Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:33 pm

charlibunny wrote:You don't need to 'digging' about, just wipe from front to back and kind of wipe "in the curtains' sort of thing if there is stuff you need to clean. The discharge and period are totally normal.

You watch i am going to be asking how to wipe meat and two veg soon :hohoho:

thats easy it just all hangs out :giggle:

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:36 pm

Yeah, you only really need to go inside the labia part if there's a particularly runny poo which has got inside. Don't try to go right inside though. Most of the time you don't even need to go between the lips really, especially not for wee. It's pretty much self-cleaning.

I use the same theory with Jake's willy too and only clean inside the foreskin if something gets in there, otherwise I leave it alone :giggle: If it looks peculiar (a bit red or something), I ask DH his opinion as he knows about these things ;)

My avatar
queen bee
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby queen bee » Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:39 pm

Lily is nearly 2 and I still don't really know the answer to your question. What I do is wipe the outside but very rarely wipe deeper unless it seems to be bothering her. I always make sure i give her a good swish down there in the bath and that seems to keep her clean. Still learning here. :giggle:
Boys are definitely easier for nappy changes - although they do tend to pee all over the place :giggle:

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:43 pm

Boys are definately easier!

My avatar
Rebekahs_mum
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Rebekahs_mum » Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:43 pm

If the nappy's just wet then I just give a wipe around the outside like pp said. unfortunately neither of my girls do very solid poo's so there is always pooh inside the labia etc (sorry tmi). I tend to just dab gently between the labia til the wipe is clean. Think boys must be so much easier :giggle:

My avatar
fivefourfour
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby fivefourfour » Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:45 pm

tanya2007 wrote:Yeah, you only really need to go inside the labia part if there's a particularly runny poo which has got inside. Don't try to go right inside though. Most of the time you don't even need to go between the lips really, especially not for wee. It's pretty much self-cleaning.

I use the same theory with Jake's willy too and only clean inside the foreskin if something gets in there, otherwise I leave it alone :giggle: If it looks peculiar (a bit red or something), I ask DH his opinion as he knows about these things ;)

WSS. And that's what I learned working in childcare too.

Next

Return to Baby and Toddler