hf1

Mums of girls. help

My avatar
leal123
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: Mums of girls. help

Postby leal123 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:50 pm

Yes definitely what the other ladies have said :wink: You don't need to clean 'deep' just wipe away everything you can see. Boys are definitely much easier in that department :wink: :giggle:

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:28 pm

WTS :)

I only cleaned inside if there was something in there that needed to be cleaned out iykwim?

My avatar
JenKyleKaitlinRoo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby JenKyleKaitlinRoo » Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:37 pm

Yep what the others have said. I only cleaned inbetween if there was something to clean.

My dd never got the discharge or a mini period but she produced milk! It freaked me right out :(

Boys are easier until they are weaned then weetabix etc gets stuck in the wrinkly bits on their testicles :)

My avatar
moo54
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby moo54 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:34 pm

I was at such a loss I asked the mw's in hospital :oops: anyway, when it was all gungy straight after brith they showed me that you just kinda hold it apart and wipe over the top. Dp once found a bf flake of poo stuck at the side in there though that I must've missed as he hardly ever changed/changes her bum and so I then started checking a bit more but not neccessarily wiping unless there was something to wipe ifykwim...is much easier now with solid poo!

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:41 pm

We only get runny poo here - I wipe down the middle but don't go overboard if that makes sense?

My avatar
happytails
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby happytails » Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:40 pm

charlibunny wrote:You don't need to 'digging' about, just wipe from front to back and kind of wipe "in the curtains' sort of thing if there is stuff you need to clean. The discharge and period are totally normal.

You watch i am going to be asking how to wipe meat and two veg soon :hohoho:

WSS! and :giggle: the last bit is soooo going to be me!!

My avatar
rhead
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby rhead » Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:12 am

:giggle: WTS, boys are easy in comparison! I did have to get after OH a bit for not cleaning Lili properly after a poo :-?, you can just have a look and it should be obvious if she needs a bit more wiping :wink:. She also used to get a kind of whitish buildup in the creases inside (sorry don't want to go into too much detail :giggle:), which the doctor said I could clean off with a damp cotton bud ... she said it wasn't anything to worry about but I didn't really like to leave it there all the same, and it didn't seem to wash off in the bath!

My avatar
eviesmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby eviesmummy » Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:25 am

Oh I remember asking the midwife about this and being all :oops: about it - but do what the others have said and all will be fine :D

Now boys are much easier (unless they take aim and fire some pee right at you) you just lift and wipe :giggle:

My avatar
Scotia
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby Scotia » Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:33 am

eviesmummy wrote:Now boys are much easier (unless they take aim and fire some pee right at you) you just lift and wipe :giggle:

Yes and make sure it's pointing DOWNWARDS in the nappy :hohoho:

PreviousNext

Return to Baby and Toddler