Total votes : 12
My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

What time does your baby go to bed?

Postby clothmama » Thu May 03, 2007 6:53 pm

I had a bit of a fall out with some mums at the school gate, they think I'm mad putting Louis to bed at 7pm and were basically saying serves myself right I'm up so early. He is knakered by 7 even when he is up at a normal time and I know most Aussies and Brits put their kids to bed around this time. Just wondering what you all do.

My avatar
Ruth
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Ruth » Thu May 03, 2007 7:02 pm

Eh :?: :!: :?: :!: What time do they go to bed then?

TBH Tory Jack sometimes goes at 6.30. But I said 7 as it is somewhere between 6.30 and 7 every night. Is Louis very active? Jack is a monster all day - tearing around everywhere and climbing up things etc etc so after his tea he goes all shattered and silly. Starts making strange noises and giggling all the time while restling with his soft toys!!! There is no way I could put him down later, he would just fall asleep downstairs I think!

My avatar
karenandgeorgia
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby karenandgeorgia » Thu May 03, 2007 7:41 pm

Georgia goes down at about 7ish, some nights we are lucky if we can keep her going that late. She also still has 2 naps a day of about 1 hr each time.

I think 7 is a very reasonable time for a littly to be down, Soph and Ella are also usually in bed by 7.30 and 8.

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby beck » Thu May 03, 2007 10:40 pm

Hannah goes down at 8.30 and than wakes up usually at 8.30 in the morning. If I do put her down any earlier (7pm) she thinks *its just a nap* and will then wake up at midnight ish and take for ever to go back to sleep.

For the last few days Phebie has been having a last feed at 10 ish then one at 5am and than back to bed til 9.30 or so. I know it probably sounds good, but I feel I get no real 'me and no kids time' except in the mornings but you cant really wind down then you've got to get the engine going!!! But I'm still pretty happy with the girls bed time even if there not perfect :shock: :shock:

My avatar
lilylover
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby lilylover » Fri May 04, 2007 8:41 am

Oh tory don't listen to other mothers, I figure your the mum so you can make the best decision for your family. Most of my friends don't put their children to bed any later than 7pm and I voted 6.30pm because thats usually when lil is in bed settling down for the night. I dont think it matters all that much 'to the early mornings personally. We have treid everything with Lily (putting bedtime forward, backward etc) and she still only sleeps till 5-5.30am. She even is happy to get up when it's dark and from what my mil told me Jared (dh) was the same as a child so I just go with the flow, even though it means I'm knackered at the end of the day.

Whew.....long post over

Sam...

My avatar
HannahBanana
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby HannahBanana » Fri May 04, 2007 9:47 am

Erin's bedtime routine starts at about 7.30pm and she is in bed by 8pm.

She wakes up normally at aroun 7-7.30am but recently it has been anywhere from 6am due to several factors like her skin etc

My avatar
cherobanne
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby cherobanne » Fri May 04, 2007 2:16 pm

I totally agree with Sam, Tory, you know what's best for your family.
Matthew's a wee rascal and isn't in bed until 8.30/9 most nights but tbh it works quite well for us. On a good night, DH isn't home from work til nearly 7 so Matthew going to bed a bit later means he still gets time with him.
I'm hoping to bring his bedtime forward to 8pm though before I go back to work in August.

Beck, I know exactly what you mean!! Matthew also considers going to bed earlier 'just a nap' and is wide awake and ready for play around 11pm if we try it! And although his bedtime works well for us, sometimes I'd really love some 'me time' in the evenings!

Joanne

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Fri May 04, 2007 8:28 pm

Tory, you just need to find what works for you and ignore everyone else. As we know, every baby is different.

We put Charlotte to bed at 7pm, she is knackered if we try to keep her up later and then bedtime becomes a bit of a battle and I want it to be nice and relaxed.

Usually she will sleep to somewhere between 7 and 8am but has been waking in the night once lately for some milk, usually around 3.30am which is a pain but not really sure what we are going to do about it yet as she does go straight back to sleep.

In the day she only has one nap but it usually 2 or even 3 hours from 11am to 1 or 2pm.

So that is us. Interesting to find out what other do.

Annette

My avatar
Shevi
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Shevi » Thu May 10, 2007 1:45 pm

Zacharia goes to bed at 7:30 so thats what i voted. but tAneli goes to bed between 6.30 and 7. he used to be on 7pm, but then when he stopped napping during the day, it was impossible to keep him up.
recently he has beenspendning a long time to fall asleep, but as long as he is quiet and in his room, i think its a good wind down time for him.
i'd far rather have to pick up 7 00 books from round his bed once hes fallen asleep, than entertain a tired and grumpy toddler for another hour !

Zacharia will soon be moveing to a 7pm bed time, but what will his ears and teeth etc its not been worth trying it yet. i like to know that Taneli is in bed and then i give Zacharia his bed time bottle as it makes less juggling.

Shevi

Next

Return to Baby and Toddler