hf1

What was your trick to....

My avatar
lilylover
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

What was your trick to....

Postby lilylover » Sat May 05, 2007 11:18 pm

settling your newborn? With Lily she loved the sound of running water so we would often cuddle her at night in the bathroom with the water running (must have caused the drought :lol: :lol: :lol: ). After a while we made a cd with the sound of running water in it and Lil just loved going to sleep with it :D

Sam...

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby beck » Sun May 06, 2007 6:19 am

Phebie loves her cradle swing and it would always settle her straight away and her CD of classical nursery ryhems (sp?) was a must for bed times too.

My avatar
ericaj1
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby ericaj1 » Mon May 07, 2007 7:52 am

We used to put the hairdryer or hoover n if Jack was unsettled and in an instant he was transfixed. Pity it wears off after a couple of months. After that it was getting the booby out and it stilll is now :lol: !

Ericax

My avatar
gayleygoo
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: What was your trick to....

Postby gayleygoo » Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:15 am

Molly loves a fluffy blanket over her head to get her sleep (obviously i take it away when shes asleep!) and unfortunately she usually needs her dummy too :( when she was very little she would go to sleep in the ring sling very easily! xx

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:37 am

I remember many times, carrying Charlotte in a sling and doing the vacuuming, worked in seconds every time. But for night time I am ashamed to say it was the dummy :oops:

My avatar
nicola g
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby nicola g » Wed Apr 30, 2008 10:19 am

Dafydd loves his vibrating bouncy chair lol sends him to sleep every time :lol:

My avatar
trogette
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby trogette » Thu May 01, 2008 5:44 pm

Just variations on being held, mostly, but we did that anyway :) Although to begin with dd4 hated being horizontal so I slept sat up in an armchair with her in a wrap so she didn't fall off, gradually working my way lower. Took a good few weeks.

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Thu May 01, 2008 6:21 pm

muslin over the face - put there by Ben and a dummy, but then the dummy at night has gone now :lol:

All else failed cuddle in our bed from either of us, so we got to sleep as well!

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Thu May 01, 2008 7:56 pm

trogette wrote:Just variations on being held, mostly, but we did that anyway :) Although to begin with dd4 hated being horizontal so I slept sat up in an armchair with her in a wrap so she didn't fall off, gradually working my way lower. Took a good few weeks.

Now that is a fantastic idea - wish I'd thought of that with Isabelle!

Return to Baby and Toddler