hf1

Why won't she sleep! :(

My avatar
clothsister
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: Why won't she sleep! :(

Postby clothsister » Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:18 am

ok.... Am now going to sound a complete tool but is it ok that she just slept for 7 hours straight? Having not slept for more than 3 hours at a time for the last week or so she started having longer stretches a couple of nights ago. And when i put her to bed at 11 last night i expected to be up again at 2 and then 5 so when she started grizzling i was shocked and pleasantly surprised to see that it was 6am! But now am worried that i'm a bad mother for letting her sleep that long she's 7 weeks and 4 days. Sorry to now be sounding like in contradicting myself but needed to check! X

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:27 am

:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: Fantastic - well done Chloe you little star!!!

It is fine to allow her to sleep and not wake her up!! I never woke either of my two. I did a bit of research into this when someone else asked recently and the consensus seems to be that in very tiny babies who are underweight, not regained their birth-weight or have another underlying condition such as jaundice then it may be advisable for them to feed at least every 4 hours just until those things are brought under control. In those cases it would be under the advise of a midwife if you were not sure.

A nearly 8 week baby that is as long as some 6 month olds is fine - honest!! Do you feel like a new person having had a full nights sleep?? :hug:

My avatar
clothsister
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby clothsister » Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:38 am

It feels so strange. I feel alive for the first time in a long time! Yeah Chloe! There's milk shooting out all over the place though as have some seriously full breasts. Chloe looks so proud of herself she's just sat smiling away! Got to love her! X

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:46 am

clothsister wrote:It feels so strange. I feel alive for the first time in a long time! Yeah Chloe! There's milk shooting out all over the place though as have some seriously full breasts. Chloe looks so proud of herself she's just sat smiling away! Got to love her! X

Awww that is awesome :widesmile: hoep you are collecting the milk in those collectors you were raving about - sounds like you have a seriously good supply! :wine: :wine: :wine: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

I'm so pleased for you hoping this is the little boost you need at the moment. You may even have the energy to scour classifieds for a few different sorts of nappies to try! :wink: I'll try to have a look too when I get a minute!

My avatar
clothsister
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby clothsister » Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:10 am

lol yeah got my collectors going! Got nearly 100 ml whilst feeding her on the other side. Am storing some good amounts now. We've got a few good feeds in the freezer! Chloe just sat on the bed smiling away and talking to the lampshade! She's coming out with some amazing noises this morning! X

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:12 am

Huray for some sleep!! :)

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:21 am

Awwww sounds like she feels better for a good nights sleep as well - hopefully it will all have a knock-on effect :wine:

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:43 am

:giggle: This is what its like eh? one day your worrying about not enough sleep the other day your worrying about too much. If i could do it all again i would tell myself to stop worrying and just enjoy the newborn snuggles. LOOK :giggle:

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=15632

7 hours sounds fine and they are so random at this age. I got just a wrap sling at first and i loved it so much :D Stretchy wraps are pretty much all the same so you can't go wrong. There is a baby wearing forum which is really fab (natural mamas) I got loads of advice there and on here.

I also have a ring sling which is suitable for newborns (silk) didnt like other materials and a Maya tie but liked that for older months. My fave was wrap for early days sooooooooooo snuggly

My avatar
clothsister
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby clothsister » Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:53 am

haha was obviously a one off thing. No need to panic! Back to her usual tricks! X

PreviousNext

Return to Baby and Toddler