hf1

So proud of my little girl :)

My avatar
girlinleeds
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

So proud of my little girl :)

Postby girlinleeds » Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:45 pm

well pippa has been for her bloods and i am so proud of her, it took four (thought it was 3 but there are 4 holes) goes to get the blood, she just sat on my knee and let them get on. she got a bit grumpy by the 4th go but think she was sick of sitting still and being held and having her arm squeezed. my colleague felt bad about it taking so many goes but at least it's done now. pippa got a sticker for being good and we went to hotel chocolate and bought some chocolate buttons, have to hide them from dh as he's totally against chocolate but i think she deserved a treat. she started going oww and holding her hand on the train home so think the magic cream is wearing of, had to take her plaster of as she was pulling at it and she has got a cracker of a bruise. was dreading it but can't believe how well she coped with it.
xx

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Re: So proud of my little girl :)

Postby littlesez » Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:49 pm

aw brave girl, that magic cream is fab :D im very jealous of your job lyndsey i did 1 yr of training when i was 19 but droped out :( i might go back to it one day, whihc hospital do you work at ?

My avatar
girlinleeds
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby girlinleeds » Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:53 pm

leeds general infirmary, i take bloods myself and know that when it's done right it should work as it did for pippa, with her not knowing it's happened. unfortunately it doesn't always work like that, which is why i'm glad i know people who try to make it as nice for children as possible. it's a very hard job both mentally and physically but can be very rewarding
xx

My avatar
babygrowbelly
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby babygrowbelly » Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:58 pm

:hug: for Pippa, hope she is ok xx

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:28 pm

Well done Pippa!

Magic cream never seems to do anything for Grace :? She SCREAMS the place down... :?

My avatar
laceybat
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby laceybat » Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:29 pm

:hug: well done pipper

My avatar
girlinleeds
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby girlinleeds » Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:30 pm

it works for most children but not all i guess you've tried both types as sometimes one will work and one won't , think it works for something like 98% of people

My avatar
cat27m
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby cat27m » Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:52 pm

Oh well done Pippa - what a brave wee girl. Sounds like she had a really good experience - wish we'd had the same.

My avatar
fivefourfour
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby fivefourfour » Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:09 pm

Well done Pippa!

Next

Return to Baby and Toddler