Postby g murphy » Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:24 pm

aww well done pippa! x

My avatar
Fayesmum
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: So proud of my little girl :)

Postby Fayesmum » Sat Dec 04, 2010 4:49 pm

Awww well done Pippa :wine: We've had numerous venflons and bloods, I think what annoys Faye more is having her feet and arms held firmly when they're looking for veins although her cry does go up a few pitches when the needle goes in :cry:

It's so hard to put them through it :( Well done you Lyndsay :hug: :hug: :hug:

My avatar
scarlet
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby scarlet » Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:07 pm

Well done Pippa! :hug:

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:36 pm

well hats off to you because its such a fab job you do xxx

My avatar
Steph
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Steph » Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:39 pm

Well done Pippa :hug:

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:45 pm

girlinleeds wrote:it works for most children but not all i guess you've tried both types as sometimes one will work and one won't , think it works for something like 98% of people

We've only tried emala I think it's called so far... Might ask for the other type next time - she's in for a PH study early next year sometime so will need one then I'm guessing :?

My avatar
girlinleeds
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby girlinleeds » Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:47 pm

and would you believe today i found a 5th hole :shock: her hand is pretty bruised today and if you touch it she cries so guessing it's pretty sore. she's showed grandma and grandad today and they made a big fuss of her. dh found her chocolate buttons and moaned about her having them what a meanie :evil: she only had 4
xx

My avatar
girlinleeds
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby girlinleeds » Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:51 pm

Velvetsteph wrote:
girlinleeds wrote:it works for most children but not all i guess you've tried both types as sometimes one will work and one won't , think it works for something like 98% of people

We've only tried emala I think it's called so far... Might ask for the other type next time - she's in for a PH study early next year sometime so will need one then I'm guessing :?

other one is ametop, it does the same job but has to be taken of after an hour but the skin stays numb for upto five hours, just make sure they leave it on for a full hour some people say it works in less time but it doesn't minimum time for it to be on is 45 mins, but we think an hour is the optimum time. any longer and it can make the skin go red though, worth a try. our hospital stock both on all children's wards so hopefully they should have it. just stand your ground over how long it goes on for i've heard some people leaving it on for 20 mins and saying it will work, when it won't and then if they need it again they never believe it will work :evil:

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:19 am

Cheers - I thought Isabelle had reacted badly to ametop as she's had that but it was always left on for longer than an hour so that explains that! :)

PreviousNext

Return to Baby and Toddler