hf1

Night time routine?

My avatar
witch-evanna
Clothie
Clothie

Night time routine?

Postby witch-evanna » Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:43 pm

ok im getting to the end of my tether with this and i relly dont want to be but he just wont stick to the same night time routine for more than a few nights. his day time routine is perfect and hes had that sorted for himself for ages now but night times are a nightmare. he started sleeping through at xmas last year which tbh i was very surprised at however it only lasted til march then he was waking earlier and earlier sometimes as early as 2am where hed have a feed and a cuddle then go back to sleep til his usual half 6ish get up which was doable.... then it changed i cant remember when but he was waking at 4am for a feed and cuddles in bed with me til about half 7 when hed get up with aelin, which i got used to and started really liking those early morning hugs.... however over the last few months hes started changing that too sometimes hell still do that but other times hell go down about 8 but wake up shortly after screaming, sometimes its wind other times i have no idea why, so well go up settle him come back down and sometimes thats it hes fine, other times hell keep waking screaming til we go up and stay up, sometimes he wants another feed before we go up to bed, othertimes hell wait till we are in bed then wake for a feed have a cuddle then go back in his cot... again sometimes that will be it other times hell keep waking til i bring him in with me.... othertimes hell still sleep through til 6 and wake for a feed which i give him in with me then hell either snuggle and sleep til about half 7 or thatll be it and aelin has to come downstairs with him at around 6am.... are we doing something wrong? why wont he stick to a night routine like he does his daytime routine? is there anything i can be doing? i know i shouldnt give in and bring him in with me coz that wont be doing any good but i need a good amount of sleep with the fibro and everything, if i dont get enough sleep ill not be able to function properly for the next few days.

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Re: Night time routine?

Postby littlesez » Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:20 am

how old is he?

My avatar
fivefourfour
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby fivefourfour » Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:03 am

We had it quite easy with bedtimes, but then she always wakes in the night. I've noticed that the more she has eaten in the day, the longer she willl sleep.

If she wakes, we let her moan a bit, as soon as she cries we go to her, give her a quick cuddle and then she will go back off.

I understand that the temptation is to give in so you can get some sleep, but in the long run it's not going to help, as you know, so I would try and be strong. Iirr, sleep patterns take about 3 days to start seeing effects, so it hopefully wouldn't take long.

Do you have a partner? Could they take a few days holiday off work to give you a hand so you can take it in turns to nap in the day? Or can you arrange for a friend/family member to pop in for a few afternoons so you can nap?

My avatar
nappynutter
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby nappynutter » Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:26 am

littlesez wrote:how old is he?

WSS

My avatar
witch-evanna
Clothie
Clothie

Postby witch-evanna » Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:17 pm

he is 13months

My avatar
witch-evanna
Clothie
Clothie

Postby witch-evanna » Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:22 pm

fluffy mummy yes i am married my partner doesnt work, i normally do the night shift as it were so that he can get some sleep plus hes useless once hes in bed anyway he passes out pretty much. then in the morning hell take koby downstairs so i can get some more sleep. we work as a pretty tight knit team. its just the fact that koby wakes at so many diff times each night and other times he wont wake at all, which is competley knackering coz i cant get into a decnt sleep patern if im awake at all hours one or two nights thats it i can hardly sleep for ages coz thats the pattern ive got into despite the fact koby has decided he doesnt want to wake if you get what i mean

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:24 pm

Izzy had this from about 12 months til 18 months i think they just go through a stage of not wanting to be left alone all night. We did a bit of cosleeping to reassure her and also read no cry sleep solution which was fabulous. They just figure it out in theri own time eventually though :hug:

My avatar
witch-evanna
Clothie
Clothie

Postby witch-evanna » Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:55 pm

we co slept when he was very little coz he couldnt bare to be away from me for the 1st 3 weeks he was in bed with us on my side we made a little safe corner for him with a bed rail and blankets for bumpers, then we got a co sleeper mini which he has now grown out of... as much as i would love to cosleep i cant coz of the meds im on i do still do it a little bit coz its the only thing thats working atm but when hes in with me i can only be in 2 positions which gets very painful for me coz of the fibromyalgia also i dont get the deep sleep i need to be able to function.... im just hoping he grows out of it soon your post has given me hope that he will and that i am after all the worrying doing the right things so thankyou

Return to Baby and Toddler