Shampoo and conditioner help

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Re: Shampoo and conditioner help

Postby littlesez » Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:33 pm

what is a tangle teaser! how does it work :giggle: I love lush's solid conditioner for izzy's hair but its not as easy to use as normal conditioner you have to rub it in your hands and squidge it first but it doesn't bother me x

My avatar
JenKyleKaitlinRoo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby JenKyleKaitlinRoo » Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:34 pm

A tangle teezer is a special brush that apparently just slides through hair without catching and hurting. I am willing to try anything as dd hates her hair getting brushed!

My avatar
tiyuricc
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby tiyuricc » Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:26 pm

my £4 tangle teezer from amazon arrived today. i'm not too sure about it myself, time will tell.

tried it on me (hair very very fine and constantly knotty) - felt no different to combing it really.
tried it on ds (his hair is thick and never knots, and rarely needs brushing but loves it being brushed) - as soon as it touched his head 'owww, that hurts mummy'

my main aim is to reduce the amount of hair clogging the shower drain, so we'll see if it succeeds in that tomorrow.

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:51 pm

I've just ordered a tangle teaser, we're not doing too badly at the moment but we do get a few tears even when I'm super super gentle...

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:54 pm

I didn't believe that a Tangle Teaser could be that good. We have a fairly good brush that gets the knots out but Charlotte does like to whinge. When I spotted them for £4 on Amazon I grabbed one (I'm too tight to spend £10 on a hairbrush!!). We have been using it for about a week I suppose and OMG I stand corrected, she loves it, can brush her own hair very easily as it slides through and is easy for her to hold. It has revolutionised hair brushing in the morning - although only time will tell if the novelty wears off!

My avatar
nappynutter
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby nappynutter » Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:58 pm

Lol, there's NO way DD4 would be parted from hers. :giggle:

My avatar
JenKyleKaitlinRoo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby JenKyleKaitlinRoo » Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:06 pm

Our £4 amazon one arrived yesterday and we both love it (me and dd). Her hair is much nicer and she didnt complain once. I love you tangle teezer!

My avatar
girlinleeds
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby girlinleeds » Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:10 pm

mine arrived yesterday and haven't tried it in on pippa yet but it sorted out my bed head with no hair coming out which is a miracle as i only have to think of brushing my hair and it falls out :wine:

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:16 pm

:wine: for Tangle Teezer success.
Anna still cries from time to time when she is getting her hair done but I dread to think what she would be like without her TT which she has had for a good 2 years at least now. She has masses of hair, fine hair but omg just so much of it so it gets pretty matted underneath! We have come to the conclusion that she has a very sensitive scalp as she even gets a sore head in the shower!!!

PreviousNext

Return to Baby and Toddler