Any eating/drinking tricks?

My avatar
Joaninha
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Any eating/drinking tricks?

Postby Joaninha » Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:58 pm

The title says it all...

Lucas has not been wanting to eat or drink much lately, and it's driving me insane!!! Mostly because I am worried sick that he will make himself ill, but it doesn't matter what I've cooked/prepared for him, he will say "no, thanks" and just gets on with things...
In the past couple of days I have been telling him that mummy milk is only for after he eats his dinner, and if he doesn't eat his dinner, only for bedtime, and still it all sits, untouched :x
It really worries me, because he's supposed to be on movicol (finally! whole other story), but he will not drink anything that he even suspects has medicine in it, even if he's seen me get his drink for him.
Short of sitting him down and forcing food down his throat (not going to happen...), does anyone have any ideas?
I am tired of thinking that I am not a good enough parent because my child doesn't eat, never mind eat properly!

My avatar
dawnmurray919
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Re: Any eating/drinking tricks?

Postby dawnmurray919 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:31 pm

ok i no your not meant to eat when watching tv ect.but when emily is distracted by a toy(normally a musical one)or a book she seems to eat .also i find at night time for the last bottle if i read to her when shes having her bottle she drinks most of it.i prefer her not to watch tv but if its on when shes eating shes so distracted she'd eat almost anything.good luck :hug:

My avatar
Chooky
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Chooky » Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:56 pm

WSS and also get him to help you prepare foods too. :wink:

My avatar
g murphy
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby g murphy » Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:11 pm

:hug: :hug: hunnie i wish i had some advice but harry has been like that fir over a year now. xx

My avatar
Joaninha
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Joaninha » Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:10 pm

Thanks, girls.
He seems to be eating a tad bit better, but that is because I'm refusing to :bf: , which he was using to compensate for the no food...
He does eat in front of the tv :oops: as it is on for most of the day :nonono: :oops: and for the longest time that was the only way the oldest would eat as well :x *sigh*
I'm going to carry on fully weaning him off the breast, and hope that he's appetite gets better as he feels better from his cold, as well...

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:31 pm

Is he under the weather? Gracie barely eats at all when she isn't feeling great, last time she lost 4lbs in as many days!!!
Letting him choose and prepare might help as others said.
As for the movical, Kieran was on it for years and it was always a trial to get him to drink it, as he got older we could just say "well either you drink it or you end up in hospital" sounds harsh but it almost came to that after 3 weeks with no bowel movement. Putting it in chocolate milk was the best one we found and I believe you can get it chocolate falvoured now as well xx

Return to Baby and Toddler