hf1

How much harder is it with #2? advice pls!

My avatar
weefywoo
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: How much harder is it with #2? advice pls!

Postby weefywoo » Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:38 pm

I have 16 months between my eldest, Going from 1 to 2 I found really easy but Imogen was a dream baby so very different from her older sister, It's only over the last 6 or so months I have found it hard as they do not get on at all ...

My avatar
emmalala
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby emmalala » Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:46 pm

well I have 4 and I'm still alive! just :lol: Its not always easy but its great fun and very fulfilling. They all play toghther. Main things that are harder are shopping and sleeping but not that bad tbh

My avatar
JenKyleKaitlinRoo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby JenKyleKaitlinRoo » Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:26 pm

I have 2yr 5 months between 1 & 2 and 2yr 7 months between 2 & 3. I found dd just slotted in and things werent all that difficult at all. She was a very easy content baby though. Had I got ds1 as my 2nd baby I think things would have been much more difficult but not totally unmanagable. Number 3 just fell in as well. The older 2 are now 6.5 and 4 and fight like cat and dog most days but in the summer they spend the whole time outside cycling and playing really well with each other. Think its just being cooped up in the winter that makes them mad!

My avatar
becsom
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby becsom » Thu Dec 23, 2010 6:21 pm

Agree with most of the above that in some ways it's easier in that they play together when a bit older but also a lot tougher in other ways. I would say it really depends on the kind of children you have - mine are both quite demanding and a bit crazy in that they don't really sit still and do one thing for any length of time (can't think where they get that from :giggle: ).

For me, the change from one to two children was about 4 times harder, rather than twice as hard. But it's all completely worthwhile. For instance DD2 just climbed up and gave me a big cuddle while DD1 was prancing around the living room doing 'ballet' to Barbie in the Nutcracker on tv. And now they are ballet dancing around together - awwwwwww!

My avatar
jules070603
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby jules070603 » Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:12 pm

There are 3 years between my two.

I found going from 0-1 MUCH harder than 1-2. Having your first is such a shock to the system (well it was for us!) and you certainly don't have that reaction and learning curve to having a second child. I found that I got used to the lack of sleep much quicker and coped with it better.

Its harder in that you have more to do. You can't do nothing when (if :giggle: ) the baby sleeps as you have an older one to attend to BUT I found that the days just flew by and soon we were in a routine and things were manageable.

Now its lovely to see them playing together, sometimes they argue but they do seem to get along quite well at this moment in time and I certainly wouldn't change a thing.

Oh, but the laundry :x I really need a washer woman, I HATE the amount of time I spend doing laundry :giggle:

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:32 pm

I found the first 4 months of Jake's life really hard, but that was mostly due to his dairy intolerance making him into such difficult baby (he screamed constantly and would only settle if I picked him up). Once that was sorted Bella stopped being such a nightmare too (she was getting almost no attention as he was soooo demanding and in such pain) and now things are actually quite easy, if a little repetitive at times.

My avatar
gayleygoo
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby gayleygoo » Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:11 pm

It's fine really :wink: , having your first baby is hard because you have to get used to being a parent, but second time around you know more about what you're doing and a new baby will quickly settle into your routine. It was hard for the first few weeks, but once DH went back to work we settled down and just got on with it! Daragh is easily entertained by watching Molly so I can get on with things, and having him in a sling really helped too. There are lots of mums out there who have lots of kids and they probably wondered how they'd cope too, but the human race wouldn't have got very far if we could only manage with one child at a time!

My avatar
MissFrodo
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby MissFrodo » Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:24 pm

I found, but I had the same when I had Emi, that I should plan things for myself but just enjoy the time the suddenly shows up when they are asleep etc :giggle:
No really it's not bad with 2 kids, you need to give it some time to get a routine that works.
But most days it's good, looking forward to have more kids :wink:

My avatar
tiyuricc
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby tiyuricc » Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:33 pm

There is 3 years between my two. Going from 1 to 2 was fairly easy - I remember the first time i had to bath ds i was reading books to work out how on earth you do that. Number 2 comes along, and you just do it. It's the same with everything.

I did struggle a lot as DS never plays by himself for more than 2 minutes, so he always wanted attention and it was very very difficult when dd was crying or feeding or trying to fall asleep. He does play well with his cousins, so i'm looking forward to dd being a little older so they can play together.

PreviousNext

Return to Baby and Toddler