hf1

Bed guards?

My avatar
evansmummy
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Bed guards?

Postby evansmummy » Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:53 am

I used them with DS1&2 but this time we've put E straight into a cotbed without one...night one he fell out once, night two 20x easily and last night, night 3 twice...

I'm unsure wether to get a guard or not? I don't like the fact he only gets returned to a bed if we wake up (luckily right now I'm awake most the night...) but still I don't hear straight away each time! Would you wait a week and reassess? Night 2 was the only night falling out woke him up, but it's no surprise that amount of times! :-?

My avatar
wytch
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: Bed guards?

Postby wytch » Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:11 am

I didn't for Alanna. Just laid out an old duvet on the floor to break her fall . After a week she stopped so didn't get a guard.

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:25 am

we used one for charlotte but only for a few months, i can't remember when we took it off but she has never fallen out and her bed is in the middle of the room with no wall either side.

Ben on the other hand has a mid-sleeper so it has built in bars and whenever we go anywhere like this week at my parents, he falls out of bed! We put a pillow next to him which works most of the time but occasionally he pushes that off and then falls out. I think he must just be more of a wriggler and will always be more prone to falling out :giggle:
On the bedguard front, if his bed didn't have bars i would use one as i think he would keep falling out and it isn't very nice, he looks so confused and upset when he does.

My avatar
cat27m
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby cat27m » Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:32 am

We didn't with Toby and he did fall out a few times, one night I found him asleep under the bed!! :giggle: He soon got used to it though and we did have an old duvet on the floor until he did. Most times he didn't even wake up. We've just moved Rowan into her cotbed. It's only two nights but so far she's been OK. We'll see what happens. Her cotbed isn't very high so she's not got far to go. I think if she was in a higher bed I'd have put a guard on.

My avatar
evansmummy
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby evansmummy » Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:00 am

See Annette Evan is a huge wriggler which is what makes me think he needs it. We have an old duvet down ATM, I just don't like the thought of him on the floor, although clearly he isn't bothered!

I think il buy one today but hold off using it until next week...that way he's had a full week to get used to it, and I can always return it if we don't use it.

Return to Baby and Toddler