hf1

How do they know?

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Re: How do they know?

Postby megansmummy » Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:24 am

clothsister wrote:I'm hoping it's a growth spurt as we've not had the screaming with the feeding tonight. I know babies usually wake once a night but we had had a couple of weeks of 5 or 6 hours so was thinking she was past that stage! X

Glad you havnt had the screaming last night, thats great...sleep deprivation is hard...my son never slept longer than 40 mins at a time night and day untill he was about 9 months old and then came no where near to sleeping longer stretches than a couple of hours at night untill recently and he is almost 20 months old. And he still woke once per night to feed (formula) untill he was about 15 months old. They often lul you into the false sense of security with the sleeping and then start to wake again...she just needs to settle into a pattern and she is still pretty young :hug: :hug: :hug:

My avatar
zoeyboo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby zoeyboo » Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:31 pm

Rufus has terrible colic when he was small, Infacol helped but what sorted it in the end & for good was taking him to a Cranial Oesteopath ... 3 sessions & he was a different baby & has (generally) slept well ever since.
Worth a try, It's about £26 per session and they should be able to tell you at the initial assessment whether the think there is something they can help with or not.

They are very gentle indeed, I think Rufus was between 6-8 weeks went he went, by the 2nd one he was fast asleep on the bench/couch while she was treating him.

My avatar
clothsister
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby clothsister » Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:40 am

Thanks all. Haven't had the screaming again tonight just waking up to feed every 3 hours during the night which we stopped doing about 3 weeks ago I only mean she used to sleep until 3 rather than 1 but that long stretch was what kept me going. This is where I'm genuinely starting to think about a little bottle of hungry baby formula at night. She's such a big baby that maybe my milk just isn't satisfying her for long enough. Managed to wake up and feed her before she woke up properly tonight see if a little dream feed will be easier rather than waiting for her to scream. Just feel like it's a full step back at the moment. :( am going to look into the osteopath this week as Tory also recommended giving it a go a couple of weeks ago and I asked around my nct chums and a couple of them swear by it so another recommendation is a shove in the right direction. X

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:01 am

Luc, you have had a good few weeks so it will feel hard to have a couple of dodgy nights again with 3 hourly wakening but it is more than likely just a growth spurt and your milk will soon get up to what she needs. Please don't get fooled by the marketers 'hungry baby' formula crap - honestly if she is going to wake she is going to wake regardless of what she is drinking. All the reasons you have been determined to bf haven't changed you are just tired. It will get better and you'll feel better on a little more sleep, back to basics - make sure you are drinking and eating enough and nap when you can to get yourself back on track. :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: From everything you have said you have fab milk so please don't beat yourself up that she is not getting enough.

My avatar
clothsister
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby clothsister » Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:34 am

Tors I just don't think I can do any of it any more Neil's taken Chloe downstairs so I can sleep but all I can do is sit in bed crying! This is the third terrible night in a row it's just so frustrating. She's fed, winded. Changed (I don't always change her at night but she had a very very full nappy so changed in case she was uncomfortable! ) but every time we put her in her moses basket awake or asleep she screams again, just tried in her cot incase that helped but no. She's just been screaming for an hour. I give up. (obviously I don't actually give up, I'm not a terrible person-mother I just metaphorically give up. Thought i'd better add that before someone called social services on me.) x

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:50 am

Oh darling :hug: :hug: :hug: we all have nights like that :hug: it really does sound like there may be something going on like colic, did you get some gripewater to try? I think the cranial osteopath is really worth a try for you guys as well especially with the slightly stressful birth. Thank heavens that man of your is so lovely, try to stop crying - remember it is tiredness / exhaustion and hormones having a field-daynight :hug: :hug:

Love you adn really hope you can get some sleep :hug: :hug: :hug:

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:58 am

:hug: :hug: :hug:

you have my utmost sympathies, sleepless nights are so hard to deal with, Noah slept fairly well when he was newborn, going 5-6hrs each night, then started sleeping 12hrs a night at 8 weeks, then at about 11weeks he started waking ever couple of hrs and has continued to do so ever since, he also screams for hrs before falling asleep most nights, but regardless of how hard it is, it will come to an end, and why that beautiful baby grins at you and lets you know they love you more than anyone in the world it makes it all worthwhile.

You will get thought it, :hug: :hug: :hug:

My avatar
clothsister
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby clothsister » Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:54 am

Thanks all. Got her back to sleep at 3.15 back up again at 5 been up since then gave up as was just doing my head in. I just can't do it with only a couple of hours sleep. I'm a tired person as it is so this is killing me. :( oh well nothing I can do now I just hate the fact that I'd actually started to enjoy her and being a mummy but now it's just back to being a chore. :( oh well. X

Previous

Return to Baby and Toddler