hf1

How do they know?

My avatar
northernruth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: How do they know?

Postby northernruth » Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:40 pm

We found the absolute best thing when Martha was very windy was gripe water. Unfortunately it doens't have the alcohol in it anymore so you can't take it yourself to help :wink:

My avatar
clothsister
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby clothsister » Sat Jan 01, 2011 9:58 pm

lol haven't tried gripe water fc won't need any tonight but will purchase tomorrow. Thank you all so much. :) x

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:00 pm

Hope you find something that helps. :hug: I second the food diary suggestion. There are 3 things I can't eat whilst :bf: a young baby. All 3 of mine got awful tummy pains/wind when I ate them when they were tiny.

My avatar
clothsister
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby clothsister » Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:17 pm

Haven't done a food diary but it's only the first time this has happened so far fc I won't need to. Only feed from 1 side at a time occasionally she still isn't satisfied so i let her have the other side but not that often. Off to bed now wish me luck. X

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby beck » Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:21 pm

good luck hope she sleeps soundly :hug:

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:15 am

I forgot about the food thing. I couldn't eat cauliflower when Josh was tiny nor too many onions. Josh used to scream in the evenings and gripe water did it for him so well worth having a bottle in it really changed our lives with him. The bummer was you couldn't get it in France so everyone that came out was asked to bring some for me :giggle:

Hope you have a really good night with her :hug: :hug:

My avatar
clothsister
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby clothsister » Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:11 am

God I hope this is a growth spurt but her feeding hasn't increased really during the day. Can't deal with sleeping for only a couple of hours at a time. Am shattered already and if it's the same as last night i've got some rough times ahead. :( x

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:15 am

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: I underestimated the importance of burping Josh and didn't do it enough in the beginning so after learning that I really needed to do it a lot and introducing gripewater things did get better, so really make sure that you burp her heaps before you put her down. It is quite normal for babies her age to wake at least once in the night so fingers crossed that she'll go back down soon and you'll get a good few hours :hug: :hug: :hug:

Battery about to die xxx

My avatar
clothsister
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby clothsister » Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:18 am

I'm hoping it's a growth spurt as we've not had the screaming with the feeding tonight. I know babies usually wake once a night but we had had a couple of weeks of 5 or 6 hours so was thinking she was past that stage! X

PreviousNext

Return to Baby and Toddler