Q. for anyone who had big (ish) baby 9lb+

My avatar
peachy.moo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: Q. for anyone who had big (ish) baby 9lb+

Postby peachy.moo » Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:43 pm

charlibunny wrote:
e586 wrote:think it depends on how they are "big" ie- short and rounder all over, or long and skinny-ish

ryan was 8lb 5oz but very long. Newborn lasted 2 weeks before they were too short, but he was (and is) skinny in the body so 0-3 things seemed to swamp him around the waist. certain brands were worse for this too- Next was one of them that was always too short and wide for him! Natalie too as she was very skinny.
we had more luck with the Mini Mode (not sure how the new Boots stuff compares?), M&S and Mothercare ranges for sleepsuits as they were longer and slimmer in the body.

My babies are never long really, with a 5"3 mummy and a 5"5 daddy they have no hope :hohoho: :hohoho:

That's like mine!! :giggle: Although Kai was 52cm when born, he didn't grow a whole lot!!

Elsie was 46cm when born & only 74 now!! :lol:

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:01 pm

Not read all the replies, but Jake was 8lb 6oz, so not huge, but certainly much bigger than Bella (6lb12oz) and he was much easier to birth. He fitted into newborn for maybe 2-3 weeks and then into 0-3 months. His XS nappies lasted 6-8 weeks.

BUT, because of his dairy intolerance, he had a LOT of milk right from the start and grew at an astounding rate.

My avatar
e586
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby e586 » Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:09 pm

peachy.moo wrote:
charlibunny wrote:
e586 wrote:think it depends on how they are "big" ie- short and rounder all over, or long and skinny-ish

ryan was 8lb 5oz but very long. Newborn lasted 2 weeks before they were too short, but he was (and is) skinny in the body so 0-3 things seemed to swamp him around the waist. certain brands were worse for this too- Next was one of them that was always too short and wide for him! Natalie too as she was very skinny.
we had more luck with the Mini Mode (not sure how the new Boots stuff compares?), M&S and Mothercare ranges for sleepsuits as they were longer and slimmer in the body.

My babies are never long really, with a 5"3 mummy and a 5"5 daddy they have no hope :hohoho: :hohoho:

That's like mine!! :giggle: Although Kai was 52cm when born, he didn't grow a whole lot!!

Elsie was 46cm when born & only 74 now!! :lol:

then I imagine you'll both be fine with Next stuff!!! I'm 5'11 and hubby 6'2, and my dad and brothers are 6'5" so no chance of short babies here! :giggle: :giggle:

My avatar
evansmummy
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby evansmummy » Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:21 pm

Next is definatly more to do with height than weight i think...

Ryley was 8lb 13 and 53cm, next NB didn't touch him
Caden was 7lb 5oz and 46cm (6wks early) and was in tiny baby then Next NB for a month
Evan was 8lb 6oz and 51cm and fitted in NB for maybe a week...

Labour wise Ryley was 2.5hrs, Caden 10hrs and Evan 68minutes, cadens labour was the worst by far, Ryley and Evans where fab :wink:

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby beck » Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:42 pm

william was 9lb 4 and was long 58 cms and quite chunky his first suit I had to stretch to get on him :giggle: I knew he was going to be big so I only had 3 newborn nappies and they only lasted a week as did the newborn clothes, he went straight into upto 3 mth clothes and we used btp nappies straight away. His labour was fairly easy and lasted 5 hrs he got a lil stuck at his cheeks but he was born in 3 pushes with his cord over his shoulder.

My avatar
ktinkley
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby ktinkley » Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:48 pm

I didn't bother with newborn for either of mine - 10lb 4 and 10lb 11.

They just swam around abit in their 0-3 for a couple of weeks, then had a growth spurt and were in 3-6 :roll:

DS is 6 and I just had to replace all his trousers with 9-10 as tehy were all to short :x

My avatar
JenKyleKaitlinRoo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby JenKyleKaitlinRoo » Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:40 pm

Just looked on feebay and there are loads of up to 10lb ones with no bids on them yet :) I have 6 but I always keep my LO's newborn clothing so wont be parting with them.

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:57 pm

Can't remember what size Anna wore :oops: , she was 9lbs .
As for delivering them, she popped out in a puff of wind as you know :hohoho: I didn't find it any bother :wink:

My avatar
Emilie
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Emilie » Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:10 pm

Jamie was 9lb 10oz when he was born at 42wks. it wasnt that difficult getting him out tbh

He fitted the newborn stuff fine until a few weeks later, the 0-3 swamped him as a newborn.

PreviousNext

Return to Baby and Toddler