hf1

Which is better? (more weaning controversy!)

My avatar
northernruth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: Which is better? (more weaning controversy!)

Postby northernruth » Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:38 pm

nappynutter wrote:
northernruth wrote:A bit OT, but my friend who was with me has just applied for a hospital midwife position in Harrogate, and the unit there has an 85% BF discharge rate :shock: :wine: how impressive is that???

Fab! Such a shame that only 35% are breastfeeding at 6 weeks though. :(

Did you just google that??? :giggle: you are bonkers. Probably miles better than Leeds tho

My avatar
JenKyleKaitlinRoo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby JenKyleKaitlinRoo » Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:07 pm

Do you know if the 85% place has a follow up peer support programme for help with problems and support for new mums? Its a hell of a drop from 85% to 35% in 6 weeks :shock:

My avatar
nappynutter
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby nappynutter » Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:08 pm

northernruth wrote:
nappynutter wrote:
northernruth wrote:A bit OT, but my friend who was with me has just applied for a hospital midwife position in Harrogate, and the unit there has an 85% BF discharge rate :shock: :wine: how impressive is that???

Fab! Such a shame that only 35% are breastfeeding at 6 weeks though. :(

Did you just google that??? :giggle: you are bonkers. Probably miles better than Leeds tho

No, I have friends in the know locally. :giggle:

My avatar
scarlet
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby scarlet » Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:11 pm

I have 4 friends who gave birth at Harrogate Hospital and all had very bad experience.
I grew up there and was so glad when I had dd I had moved away and wouldn't have to be in the that hospital!

ETA Sorry bit of topic! My ears pricked up at the mention of Harrogate :giggle:

My avatar
Amanda
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Amanda » Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:19 pm

It's interesting, myself and most of my friends had our babies at LGI/St James and quite a few had negative experiences and wished they'd gone for Harrogate instead. But I've heard it isn't all smelling of roses like we Leeds ladies assume! In fairness a friend had her first baby at Harrogate a couple of months ago and can't praise the staff enough. But that's despite it all ending in EmCS due to breech presentation not being identified by three different midwives :-?
Sorry, still OT!

My avatar
scarlet
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby scarlet » Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:30 pm

I spent a lot of my maternity leave in Harrogate but was terrified I would go in to labour while there, as the stories I have heard are just so awful!
Sorry for Topic again! Maybe we need a Harrogate thread :giggle: .

My avatar
girlinleeds
Cloth Nappy Guru
Cloth Nappy Guru

Postby girlinleeds » Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:36 pm

i had the choice between, either leeds, bradford, harrogate or airedale, and was torn between harrogate and airedale, had heard such good things about harrogate and not much about airedale. Went for airedale in the end as didn't fancy an hour in the car in labour and had fantastic treatment, really surprised about harrogate as i still hear such good reports of it
xx

My avatar
scarlet
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby scarlet » Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:39 pm

Maybe I just hear all the horror stories?

My avatar
northernruth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby northernruth » Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:52 pm

Well once my mate gets a job there next week it will all be great :wink: as long as you go into labour on a Thursday or one of her floating days :giggle:

PreviousNext

Return to Baby and Toddler