Bath time so stressful

My avatar
samandsally
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Re: Bath time so stressful

Postby samandsally » Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:53 pm

Hi,

Both mine have had phases of hating and refusing baths, and to be honest once I accepted it was ok to just skip it, usually a few days later they loved it again.
I also bought a Tummy tub for my wee boy and he loved it, seemed really happy and secure all scrunched up in it, seemed to totally relax once in it. I bought mine second hand so not to expensive.
Hope you find a way to suit you all.

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:07 pm

What about bathing with him, that way he can lay back on your legs and maybe feel a bit more secure.
Failing that go with either just sitting up or showering. We just used to lay G in a couple of inches when she was really teeny and she adored it.
WE have the opposite problem in this house, as soon as that taps are turned on their is a mad scramble to see who can get in first even if it is Mum's bath :giggle:

My avatar
laceybat
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby laceybat » Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:10 pm

i would try and showerhim too. or you could try the sink this is what we done for a while and as he got bigger we try the bath again

My avatar
VICKERSHOUSE
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby VICKERSHOUSE » Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:19 pm

Another who had the same problems.

My LO (now 9y) hated water (not just baths) from about 6 months. :-?
We used to just sponge him down and wash his hair, then out as he screamed the place down. Once he could stand he would only stand in the bath not even sit :shock:

This lasted until he was about 3yrs, and it took until he was 6 before we could even get him in the swiming pool!

But while he now doesn't seem to have an unreasonable hatred of water and he can swim he still is happiest whilst dry :giggle:

Not much help, sorry, but hopefully your LO will calm down soon and learn to enjoy his baths :D

My avatar
tracedw
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby tracedw » Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:44 pm

DS3 refused to sit or lie in a big bath until he was well over 1yr, so just used the small baby bath inside the big bath until was happy to use the bigger one , now whenever he sees an empty bath he tries to climb into it.

Previous

Return to Baby and Toddler