hf1

Ideas to get baby to be awake more in day, rather than at ni

My avatar
angelsquidge
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: Ideas to get baby to be awake more in day, rather than at ni

Postby angelsquidge » Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:20 am

Grub is exactly the same Sarah....he'll sleep well between 7pm and 9/10pm then will wake/feed/burp/sleep til about 12/1am then wake/feed/burp/sleep til about 3am where he'll be awake fussing, cluster feeding, being nosey and generally not settling until we have to get up at 7am with the other two.

It sucks but unfortunately quite normal lol! I'm just hoping in a few weeks time he'll settle down a bit more in the nights as he's spending more time awake each day during the day.

Get as much rest as you can around the kids so you don't feel so rough at 3am lol!

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Shaunie » Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:04 am

megansmummy wrote:Sorry I have no magical cure either, 6 weeks was when we started the 'bedtime' routine with both Megan and Kieren...as in having a nice bath at about 6pm, feeding as much as they wanted and then taking up to settle in their crib (once they were done feeding) rather than sleeping in the moses basket in the living room untill the next feed...it helped us get the 'end' of the day (even tho your up in the night a fair few times and sometimes K would only settle in the crib for an hour or so before wanting feeding again but then i would feed him up in in the bedroom and settle back in the crib upstairs) :)

Its early days hun, his little body clock has no idea whats going on yet :hug:

This is pretty much what we did. In moses basket until I went to bed until around 6-8 weeks when they went upstairs to bed. There really is nothing you can do to keep them awake more in the day - we tried a lot with DS1! Better sleep will come hun :hug:

My avatar
northernruth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby northernruth » Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:41 pm

If it's any consolation Martha slept through from an 11 pm feed (expressed milk given by daddy in a bottle so I could go to bed a bit earlier) until 6/7 from about 6 weeks (until 4 months when it all goes to pot again)

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:53 pm

just remember that while they are tiny tiny babies they are just figuring out what is going on, he lived in you for 9months :giggle: its a big difference on the outside :lol:

Trust you and your boobs :hug: know that he will sleep when he wanst and be awake when he wants and thats the way it is. yes you will feel like a zombie but just do the bare minimum keep snuggling in and BF, obviously its harder with a toddler too but if you need advice on that there are loads of ladies on here who will have experience inthat (not me!) :hohoho:

Forget the housework, forget getting out of your pj's just have lots of home days xxx

My avatar
becky1978
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby becky1978 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:34 pm

I think they are programmed to be awake more and feed more at night because you make more milk then.

Mother Nature is a cruel woman :roll:

My avatar
evansmummy
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby evansmummy » Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:18 pm

becky1978 wrote:I think they are programmed to be awake more and feed more at night because you make more milk then.

Mother Nature is a cruel woman :roll:

:giggle: never a truer word said! Sleep deprevation is a killer at the best of times, when you have others to look after it makes it all the more harder...hhmmm remind of this in 7weeks :-? :wink:

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:45 pm

I found with both girls that ensuring LOTS of daylight and going out as much as possible even if asleep was the key for the girls to understand the difference between day and night from early on.

Isabelle was confused for a longtime due to her stay in scbu where the lights were always on albeit dimmer at night but still on... Grace we had complete dark at night from 7pmish for her right from the word go and if she was asleep during the day I put her by the window to get as much daylight as possible!

As the others say at this stage there's not much you can do but paying attention to as much daylight as possible during the day and dark/quiet as possible during the night is a good start...

Previous

Return to Baby and Toddler