Two in cloth?

My avatar
evansmummy
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Two in cloth?

Postby evansmummy » Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:32 pm

How managable is it?

Evan is no way near potty training, definatly cant see it being this year, although i know how quickly that can change. Il definatly have two in cloth for part of this year though. This is a bit :oops: but i do worry about the amount of washing it will take - DH is away most weeks so im on my own, all housework, 4 children and hope to :bf: on demand. Im going to be busy and if im honest want to make my life a simply as i can for the first few months. Evan leaks in everything, apart from Easyfits, which i currently wash everyother day as i dont have enough. Im really thinking of putting him in sposies everyother day to cut back on washing....DH says im being mean...and i know il feel bad that Evans in sposies and the baby isnt...light - tunnel - please :-?

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Re: Two in cloth?

Postby beck » Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:37 pm

I had 2 in cloth when william was born and Phebie was only 16 mths. I didn't really there was all the more washing to do. once everyone was in bed at night I put that days nappies on and then hung them and they were nearly dry by morning.

My avatar
choccylisa
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby choccylisa » Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:44 pm

I... feel... your...pain!!!!! I'm a bit :gaah: :panic: about how much washing I'll have, especially as I can only just keep up with it now especially with the weather being so horrible :-? We don't generally use the tumbler part of our machine, and I'm running out of place to hang things.

I did come to one conclusion tho... I'm going to be using my terries and prefolds far more than the nappies I've got! They dry so quickly hung over the radiator overnight that I can get away with washing every third day and still manage to get things dry overnight. So although my plan was to use these nice pockets and all that (which I might just stuff with terries!), I'm guessing lo's wool stash might be used a bit more :wine:

My avatar
e586
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby e586 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:46 pm

I'm about to do it for the second time so it can't be that bad :)

Had them both in cloth for 10 months. The washing wasn't too bad- I did them every other night still, and just put the wash on when I went to bed, and hung them to dry in the morning. Natalie got bladder control around the time Ryan was born and we had a fair few leak issues (sorted by a change of which nappies we used!) and there were times when I found it easier to throw one of them in a disposable if it meant feeling reassured I wouldn't have to deal with changing wet clothing.... also Ryan's smaller nappies didn't dry fast enough so sometimes he wore one. We managed though and will do again.
Ryan's recently taken an interest in the potty and has bladder control too (the joys of flooding nappies minutes after putting him in one!) and we're also pretty much stuck using Easyfits, though that's as much to do with his height/rise than anything! There's a 5 pack of whites on ebay atm for £39.95 posted if you need more? We just grabbed some! Not sure how long I'll have to go with 2 in cloth this time, but it IS possible and I hope you find that it works well for you :) :)

My avatar
Amanda
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Amanda » Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:49 pm

Connor was 22mths and still in nappies when Finn was born and tbh I don't remember thinking that there was loads more washing to do. I was probably too busy running round like a headless chicken to notice a few more nappy washes each week :giggle: I did use more pockets with Finn than I did with Connor and had loads more inserts than nappies so could take advantage of the pockets drying quickly. I also had a mountain of prefolds which I hated using on Connor but got on better with them second time round, which were also fairly quick drying.

When Connor PT'd at 2.5yrs I did notice that there were fewer nappy washes though, despite not noticing the extra washes when Finn arrived, if that makes sense!

BTW we don't have a dryer so they were all line/airer dried, and it is manageable :D

My avatar
charlibunny
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby charlibunny » Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:51 pm

I did it with Molly and SOph but only for just over a month and Molly leaked too alot... It wasn't much difference TBH. I just washed every other night and tumbled......

My avatar
HighlandMum
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby HighlandMum » Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:52 pm

Ask me in a few weeks! My way of thinking is that the washer is always on anyways, so a few more nappies wont make that much difference :)

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:52 pm

I had both mine in cloth for a couple of months, until I got fed up with Bella leaking out of everything that I put her in sposies for the last month - 6 weeks before she potty trained. I also found washing every day was very difficult to keep on top of, especially with a baby as fussy as Jake was during the first few months.

I would say it would depend on how you cope with the new baby and how fussy he is.

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:53 pm

I'm having the same worries hun...when Kieren was born Megan was on the verge of pt'ing and it was may time so I could get the nappies out on the line a lot of the time...I know I will resort to using the tumble dryer on occasion or the odd disp but I'm not going to fret about it :)

Next

Return to Baby and Toddler