hf1

Two in cloth?

My avatar
e586
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: Two in cloth?

Postby e586 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:55 pm

Amanda- that makes sense- and is true!! I think when I was working FT with Natalie at nursery I was having to wash every other night to have enough of the right ones to send, but when Ryan came along and she was home again I could use whatever (and push them a bit longer) and so washing every other night was still "normal" but when she potty trained and I was able to go every few days then I noticed the difference.

We didn't have a tumble dryer either and managed ok, though sometimes the smaller ones weren't dry fast enough before he started using the one-size. Now we have a washer/dryer but don't plan to use it unless I have to!

My avatar
evansmummy
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby evansmummy » Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:00 pm

Thank you ladies - maybe im over thinking it and need to wait until baby is here and see how we go...fc were ok :mrgreen:

My avatar
wytch
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby wytch » Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:37 pm

I have 2 in fluff and wash every 2-3 day depending in how many we get through. It's not to bad I tumble every other clothes load and hens energy other and cloth on the clothes horse. Summer will be fine but winters I.tad tricky with day times. If I'm snowed under they both go in sposies till I've caught up

My avatar
autumnalgirl
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby autumnalgirl » Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:40 pm

I had three in cloth for about ten months I think. Then two for another six months until Esme trained. At the time the worst bit was the actually changing, it felt like some kind of production line, I'd get to the end and discover someone had pooed! The washing/drying bit was fine though, one night nappies, the next clothes. I think I struggle to keep up more now than I did then!

My avatar
weefywoo
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby weefywoo » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:57 pm

I had Aoife & Imogen in cloth together for 10 months and now have Imogen & Zarah, I didn't notice first time round but I have this time mainly with the amount of clothes washing I have to do for them too :oops: I wash nappies every 1-2 days but I'm trying to do it everyday just to keep on top of it all and tumbling a hell of a lot :roll:

My avatar
wytch
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby wytch » Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:50 am

its the clothes washing and not the nappies that are killing me

My avatar
evansmummy
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby evansmummy » Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:07 am

wytch wrote:its the clothes washing and not the nappies that are killing me

:giggle: this is the thing - it isn't just nappies I have to wash, I feel like I'm always washing as it is with 3 boys and the man...god knows how bad itl get once there's a NB in the mix :shock:

My avatar
peachy.moo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby peachy.moo » Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:45 am

evansmummy wrote:
wytch wrote:its the clothes washing and not the nappies that are killing me

:giggle: this is the thing - it isn't just nappies I have to wash, I feel like I'm always washing as it is with 3 boys and the man...god knows how bad itl get once there's a NB in the mix :shock:

Worrying about the same!! I've never been able to get my head around the thought of 2 in nappies so am really nervous!!

With the amount of normal washing + nappies for 2 i just want to give up with Elsie & put her in Eco Disposables... :oops:

She has to be changed so much as she drinks large amounts but also has some bladder control- the thought of trying to change both while out i do find scary!!

Am hoping it will just sort into a bit of a 'routine'....

My avatar
HighlandMum
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby HighlandMum » Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:10 pm

I bought a second clothes horse the other day, we got a new washing machine with a 9kg capacity before christmas so i needed more drying space - i really need a bigger nappy bucket before bump arrives too although i guess i can use bucket + large wetbag.

Where we live is one of the wettest places in the uk, so even in summer we have alot of clothes and fluff drying indoors...

PreviousNext

Return to Baby and Toddler