hf1

New bed drama's

My avatar
lilylover
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

New bed drama's

Postby lilylover » Fri May 11, 2007 8:54 am

Hi ladies am hoping for some advice with lil. We are planning on going away on holiday at the end of the year which we are very much looking forward too :D :D The only problem is that lily has always slept in her cot and is not used to the portacot we have to take away with us. I tried to get her to sleep in it one day and she just screamed the house down for about 40mins (with me reassuring her). Just wondered does anyone have any advice for getting her to sleep in it? A friend suggested using the same bedding from her cot, anything else? I'm so worried she will not be happy on our holiday :cry:

Sam...

My avatar
Shevi
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Shevi » Fri May 11, 2007 9:29 am

either same bedding, or take her shopping for a special holiday balnket...actually i dont know how old she is, that prob only works from 20 months or so.
other ideas invlude - put the travel cot in her room now, so she can let her toys sleep in it for a few days, and it will become familiar,
let her fall asleep in your bed and then transfer her to the cot
sit with her watchhing tv with her in cot and you sat next to her (thats what worked with taneli at 18 months in a hotel with strange cot)
no other ideas, sorry
Shevi

My avatar
babyroo
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby babyroo » Mon May 28, 2007 4:33 pm

I would try using it at home for a while so at least the surroundings are familiar if not the cot. or maybe having it downstairs to play in for a while so she sees it as a 'fun' place to be not scary.

Good luck!

Ali

Return to Baby and Toddler