Postby Annette » Sun Jun 08, 2008 10:14 am

awwww poor little babies. Hope they get better soon

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Re: Chicken Pox - updated

Postby beck » Sun Jun 08, 2008 2:27 pm

They they make a speedy recovery and dont suffer. >:D< for you all.

My avatar
karenandgeorgia
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby karenandgeorgia » Thu Jun 12, 2008 6:41 pm

Awww poor little things :( Hope they both are better soon.

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:05 pm

>:D< hope they and you are coping >:D<

My avatar
ericaj1
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby ericaj1 » Sat Jun 14, 2008 8:55 pm

>:D< Hope they both only got mild cases and are now on the road to recovery. >:D<

My avatar
sarahbiles
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby sarahbiles » Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:26 am

ericaj1 wrote:>:D< Hope they both only got mild cases and are now on the road to recovery. >:D<

Thanks everyone - Lexi had it mild - her face was the worst - she also had a few spot on her arms, chest, back and toops of legs but she wasn't too bad.

Mac on the other hand was quite poorly with it - he had 1 spot on the saturday night appear - then in the middle of the night he woke for his feed and was very hot and wouldn't take his feed - we ended up calling nhs direct, they told us to strip him off and to give him 2.5ml of calpol and to make sure he didn't get too cold - and to take him for a check up at the hospital in a few hours. They confirmed it was chicken pox (even though we knew it was as the other kids had had it) and said that he'd probably only get it mildly - well by tuesday he was covered from head to foot in these huge blisters - his temperature was still up and down and he was really grumpy with it - it was a hard few days but thankfully we got over it - took him for another checkup on wednesday as the spots were still coming out and he was having problems breathing through his nose (not sure if it was part of the chicken pox or a cold) and the doctor was very surprised he'd got it at all and confirmed that it wasn't a mild case. She gave him a thorough check over and checked his chest and sent us away feeling a lot better about it - by the thursday they were scabbing over and by today his face has really cleared up. So it was a worrying week and i'm glad its over now :D

My avatar
mabo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby mabo » Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:36 am

Aw bless them both, especially Mac, must have been horrible seeing him like that. But at least it is one less thing for you to worry about once they go to school. :roll:

My avatar
sarahbiles
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby sarahbiles » Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:36 pm

mabo wrote:Aw bless them both, especially Mac, must have been horrible seeing him like that. But at least it is one less thing for you to worry about once they go to school. :roll:

yep it was absolutely horrid at the time but at least I don't have to worry about them catching it now :D

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:04 pm

what a horriblt time for you all, glad they are on the mend now >:D<

PreviousNext

Return to Baby and Toddler