hf1

Would you swap

My avatar
girlinleeds
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Would you swap

Postby girlinleeds » Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:21 pm

we live in a two bed house with a dodgy loft conversion (should be the 3rd room but that another story) when we moved in one bedroom was bright pink so we made the other room ours. never thinking about it we decorated the pink room as the nursery. the nursery has a full wall of fitted wardrobes in that we use for our clothes, as we didn't see a need to buy them for our room as there was just us two. and now there's not enough room due to all our other stuff in there. pippa is being a normal toddler and keeps dragging stuff out, so we've been talking for a while about switching our rooms. our needs redecorating and i guess pippa is outgrowing her nursery decor, although if it's upto me i'd keep it decorated as it is till shes 18. do you think when we do decide to decorate it's worth swapping rooms, pippa would have more room for her toys and she doesn't need two double wardrobes, but would it upset pippa to much to swop as she knows it's her room but is she too young to understand moving???

My avatar
JanX
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Would you swap

Postby JanX » Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:13 pm

If it would work out better for you then swap. Lucas swapped edrooms just before he turned 2 and he was thrilled (we redecorated the new room for him so he was all excited about having a bigger boys room to sleep in)

Jan x

My avatar
zoeyboo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby zoeyboo » Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:05 pm

I think I would swap, it makes sense for you all.
I am sure Pippa will be fine with it if you make it about moving out of her 'baby room' into her new 'big girl' room, get her involved with choosing things for it etc...

We agreed with Jack a long time ago that when we had another LO that he would eventually swap into the smaller room, he has the largest room which is fine for now, but by the time Rufus is about 5 it will be nice for him to have a larger room, space to play etc ... Jack will be 16 :shock: by then so as long as he has a bed, his TV and PS3 then that's all he'll need in there, will be out with his friends etc most of the time anyway!

My avatar
clairelou88
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby clairelou88 » Sun Jan 30, 2011 6:05 pm

JanX wrote:If it would work out better for you then swap. Lucas swapped edrooms just before he turned 2 and he was thrilled (we redecorated the new room for him so he was all excited about having a bigger boys room to sleep in)

Jan x

WSS, weve got a unisex nursery, and im currently decorating the spare room (alisters big boy room) he will be moving in to that room prob end of this year maybe sooner depends on how long i can keep him in the cot for :)

My avatar
girlinleeds
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby girlinleeds » Sun Jan 30, 2011 6:55 pm

thanks ladies, we've discussed it and dh agrees it's a sensible thing to do, now i just have to find how i want her room decorating, i can live with her nursery wallpaper for a bit, so her room has to be done 1st. i want something girly but not pink, and that will last for a while as i love planning to decorate i just hate doing it, she's still in her toddler bed, so i also have to decide if i should get everything in toddler and single bed size or just get toddler size and find something to match her room when she goes into a single bed. dh has already said cath kidston is so expensive so i have a small budget as well :drama:

My avatar
Rebekahs_mum
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Rebekahs_mum » Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:02 pm

Hope you enjoy choosing the decor :wink: Next has some lovely stuff at the moment. We've just done Graces room in Emily ruffles http://www.next.co.uk/search/search?w=e ... &p=Q&ts=v8

My avatar
girlinleeds
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby girlinleeds » Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:33 pm

Rebekahs_mum wrote:Hope you enjoy choosing the decor :wink: Next has some lovely stuff at the moment. We've just done Graces room in Emily ruffles http://www.next.co.uk/search/search?w=e ... &p=Q&ts=v8

already looked at that one and love it, just not sure what to do about the walls so it could match

My avatar
Amanda
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Amanda » Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:54 pm

I think I'd do a pale pale green, or apple white kind of thing, with that bedlinen.

I'm sure Pippa will be absolutely fine about changing rooms, especially if you talk to her about getting her new things for her 'big girl' room.

My avatar
girlinleeds
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby girlinleeds » Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:44 pm

Glad you said green as I was thinking that, but wasn't sure xx

Return to Baby and Toddler