Wahms how do you do it? update with pics :D

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Wahms how do you do it? update with pics :D

Postby littlesez » Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:24 am

Ok Izzy cracked her sleeping at about 18 months so most nights she has slept through fully, she soemtimes wakes for one feed, if we co sleep she wakes a few times all fine. So we have had 6 months of BLISS :mrgreen:

now she is refusing to go to bed when i want her to :hohoho: so its ending up 9-10pm , i like to be in bed for 11 so i am not getting much time. boo hoo.

She has 1 1/2 - 2 hours nap in the day but recently she isn't tired until 3 ish by which point im thinking not a good idea for a nap :roll:

I think its tiem to drop the nap although she gets really shattered in the afternoon and i feel mean keeping her awake because when she :bf: she nods off. OMG how hard is it to wake them up when tehy look soooo peaceful i feel liek a bad mummy :cry:

so the other day we dropped the nap and she went to bed at 7 and woke up at 8am :shock: :shock: :shock: Glad to have my evening back BUT nap time is when i do lots of WAHM stuff and i mean LOTS

Izzy does help me with packaging orders and loves going to PO but she will not tolerate any emailing or other such :coffee:

HELP!!!!
Last edited by littlesez on Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Re: Sleep/naps wahms how do you do it?

Postby Annette » Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:08 am

You have definately found that awkward period where they can't quite go the full 12 hours straight but don't get tired enough to nap until 4pm. We have just come out the other side I think, we have been letting Ben fall asleep on the sofa about 4pm but making sure it is limited to 1/2 hour - it is really hard to wake him up but we do it so there is plenty of time before dinner and then he goes to bed no problem at 7pm.

He has still been having naps at nursery, I think that is the peer pressure thing when they all lie down but we asked them to limit it to 1 hour as he was having 2 or 3 and it was really impacting on his night time. He has just moved up rooms though and hasn't napped since as most of the children don't nap in that room and if they do they go into a quiet room which Ben hasn't wanted to do as he didn't want to miss anything :giggle:

In terms of getting things done, I have no idea, but it is probably time to accept that naps are going to shortly be a thing of the past. I get nothing done with my 2 around, I might be able to snatch 10 mins or so when they are happy playing but it never lasts.

The only thing to suggest is that someone takes her for an hour in the day while you do things. It won't be long before she is entitled to a nursery place which would give you a couple of mornings a week if you choose to take it.

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:17 am

thanks annette. My family have Isobella while i work out of the house wed-fri from 2 hours to 6 hours a day so i can't really ask for more. The free nursury place i think is when she is 3 isn't it? although sure start do a free crech for 3 hours once a month so she occasionally does that.

I just want her to do 12 hours and have a nap :hohoho: but i need to face facts :lookround:

My avatar
choccylisa
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby choccylisa » Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:21 am

Afraid so :giggle: I don't generally do anything wahm orientated during the day, only in the evenings once they've all gone to bed (which has gone to pot in the last week as Kellan has been going to sleep at 9pm, by which time I'm heading the same way!). The only time I get a bit of sewing done during the day is when Kellan and Alana are playing with teh playdoh at the table, and even then it's only half an hour. I usually catch up on emails etc while they're eating lunch or breakfast first thing in the morning.

My avatar
rhiannon
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby rhiannon » Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:39 pm

My son's dropping his naps too which I'm finding is making things very difficult to work around him. I'm doing a lot more in the evenings so this week I've not got to bed before midnight.

No idea of the answer but just so you know you're not the only one!

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:53 pm

well there are a few of us then :giggle:

My avatar
JanX
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby JanX » Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:29 pm

to be honest, the only way I could get any WAHM work done during the day was when I paid for the girls to go to a private nursery for the day.

I actually get less done now they are at preschool (I used to pay for them to do 2 full days now they to 5 mornings, I got loads more done int he 2 full days than I do over the 5 mornings :roll: )

In September they will be in Reception so will go to cschool 5 days for the whole day :shock: I'm kind of dreading it (will really miss them, I miss L so I know I'll miss the girls too), but kind of looking forward to it (I'll be able to spend more time on WAHM work)

erm. not much help am I?

Jan x

My avatar
Miss_Purple
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Miss_Purple » Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:14 pm

I'm not a WAHM, but DD has only ever slept for 1 hour during the day and I struggle to get anything much done - it's not long enough to do much more than a quick tidy up, clear away the lunch stuff, wash up etc and then she's up again.

:hug: not much help I know, but I think that's the reality of working with young children around - I could never be a WAHM - I'd never get anything done!

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:14 pm

I work from home regularly but I couldn't do it without sending the kids to nursery/school. I vividly remember once being on an important phone call and Charlotte came and asked me to open a tub. I absent-mindedly just opened it for her and she toddled off happily. When I got off the phone, I discovered the lounge covered in glitter - took me ages to clear up. I never made that mistake again :giggle:

Next

Return to Baby and Toddler