hf1

Wahms how do you do it? update with pics :D

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Re: Sleep/naps wahms how do you do it?

Postby Velvetsteph » Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:59 pm

Annette wrote:I work from home regularly but I couldn't do it without sending the kids to nursery/school. I vividly remember once being on an important phone call and Charlotte came and asked me to open a tub. I absent-mindedly just opened it for her and she toddled off happily. When I got off the phone, I discovered the lounge covered in glitter - took me ages to clear up. I never made that mistake again :giggle:

:hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho:

But yes sorry Sara it sounds like Grace - the days she doesn't nap I have to keep her busy to avoid the cranky, but she is asleep a few minutes after her head hits the mattress usually ;)
The days she naps, even if it is only 20-45mins then she's a nightmare at bedtime... If she's had a long nap then it is worse!

So unless she's really shattered and cranky I don't usually let her nap these days...

My avatar
babyroo
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby babyroo » Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:51 pm

I'm afraid that WAHM or not, they do go through a stage where you have to choose the lesser of two evils - grumpy non-napping toddler or napping but late-to-bed - it's down to you what you prefer :giggle:

For WAHMing, I was never been able to count on getting anything done with the children around so worked late into the evenings. I think if you want to be able to guarantee some working time during the day then you will need to arrange some childcare for Izzy :? otherwise you just have to snatch any opportunity you can when she is happily occupied doing something.

My avatar
123princesssammie
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby 123princesssammie » Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:10 pm

Yep alesha is at this stage, somedays she will happily be up all day and the crash right out at 7pm, other days she ends up falling asleep somewhere :giggle: (although this is normally when we are out and she is in the pram) and then i end up having her up till late, today for example she had 20mins at 1,30pm but is still bouncing around now :roll: nothing i do will get her too settle till her body is ready for her to do so

x

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:22 am

well i have found the solution stay up late and do it then :roll:

My avatar
knees_on
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby knees_on » Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:30 am

well I tried that and ended up ill :( hopefully you will be a lot more sensible than me and know when to call it a day!

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:38 pm

hmmmm been thinking about this more and more. I was thinking of childcare options but then i had to stop. Not much point of making such an effort to be staying at home as much as poss to be with izzy and then arranging childcare for izzy so i can work :-? defeats the whole "work at home" object :-?

I will just do the computer stuff at night and maybe do more :knit: in the day as she doesn't seem to mind me knitting for some reason :giggle:

My avatar
sahara
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby sahara » Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:11 pm

Not easy is it! I find it so hard now with two. Nicola was a star and went to bed at 6.30 so I had the whole evening when she was small, but Leo not on your life he is up until 10pm with 2 short naps during the day which are barely long enough to make cuppa and have a wee lol

I am lucky and my dad does 2 mornings to help and MIL does an 2 afternoons, but other than just when I have the chance.

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Re: Wahms how do you do it? update with pics :D

Postby littlesez » Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:25 am

WEll I am doing more knitting and practical stuff as izzy doesnt mind that then doing the computer stuff at night. Problem solved and no extra childcare needed.

Izzy loves goign to PO :giggle: anyway and now she helps with packing

My avatar
becsom
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: Wahms how do you do it? update with pics :D

Postby becsom » Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:07 pm

Aww - that's so sweet that she helps you pack things up!

I've tried parcelling up things like ebay items I've sold with Nell around - she is a complete NIGHTMARE. She usually rips up any bits of paper I'm supposed to be sending / scribbles on address labels / wraps herslf in sellotape :giggle: . I can't imagine ever getting any proper work stuff done with her around.

PreviousNext

Return to Baby and Toddler