hf1

Wahms how do you do it? update with pics :D

My avatar
Caroline
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Wahms how do you do it? update with pics :D

Postby Caroline » Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:19 pm

We love a bit of child labour, I mean help, here. If anyone ever gets a parcel from me with wonky, or more than one return address labels on the back, you know India's been helping :giggle:

My avatar
indigosky2k
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby indigosky2k » Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:22 pm

Awww that's so sweet, but I couldn't package anything up with Kacie round as she runs off with the tape or bags or thethings I'm trying to package up :roll: :giggle:

I was going to post something similar to this a couple of weeks back asking where on earth WAHMs found the time to work as I wanted to find the time to do some :knit: Kacie was napping about 2 hours but not falling asleep till about half 3/4ish and no matter how hard I tried I could not wake her. If I did she'd only fall asleep again anyway. Obviously after sleeping so late she wasn't going to bed till 9 or later, so between her and the cluster feeding newborn I wasn't getting any time in the evening. By the time they were both settled it was about half 10 and I just wanted to go to bed too. Then literally overnight last week she dropped her nap :shock: She went from sleeping 2 hours or more and waking up whingy and moody, to not napping and being perfectly happy most of the time to help me in the kitchen baking or something at the time she normally be napping. She is now going to bad at a more reasonable half 7, hoping to move that forward to 7 over the next week or so, and the baby is happy to sit in her swing or with daddy between feeds and falls asleep at 9. On the one hand I miss the couple of hours quiet in the afternoon, but I'd much rather have my evenings to tidy up the days chaos and then sit and do something for me. I can still do the housework or whatever that I did while Kacie napped I just have to let her 'help' or find her something to do and I'm not having to suffer grumpy whingy toddler at all. For some reason she's happier having not napped than she was with as much as 3 hours. TBH having so much evening to myself is a luxary as Kace has never been on to go to bed easily before 9 so now the fact I take her to bed at half 7 and she's asleep in 5 or 10 minutes is fantastic. Mira settles much earlier than Kacie used to at the same age so I'm hoping she'll go to bed easily at 7 once she's older and not feeding so constantly.

So maybe one day I will be organised enough to join the throngs of wooly WAHMs ;) :lol:

My avatar
coastal
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby coastal » Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:29 pm

littlesez wrote:Problem solved and no extra childcare needed.

Glad you've got a new routine sorted out that is working for you. :D
Alasdair dropped his nap at 18 months, so I work from 9-12 each night, which I find knackering since he rarely sleeps through. I'm hoping I'll get a little done during the day when he starts nursery next month. I'll have a nearly two hours to run around like a loony!... which will end up feeling like two minutes, I know. :hohoho:

Previous

Return to Baby and Toddler