hf1

Shoes leaving bruises :( *mini update P2*

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Re: Shoes leaving bruises :(

Postby Velvetsteph » Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:36 pm

For 2.50 Jan it's definately worth a shot! She's currently measuring a size six...

Like the name 'mocs' :hohoho:

And we need new wellies too now :roll: but next didn't have any and I've not got around to looking further afield yet...
Might be back to the stockport shops again :)

My avatar
Claire
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Claire » Tue Jun 03, 2008 6:55 am

From a long time ago, I'm a Clarks fitter :? Different styles of Clarks shoes are made on different lasts (the moulds that they build the shoes on). It means that one style may fit, when the same size shoe in a different style doesn't. Saying that though, Darcie has chunky feet. They aren't particularly wide (F-G) but she has a high instep and is just big. I have never found a Clarks shoe that has fit her well and now don't even bother taking her there. Start-rite are usually around £4 more expensive but they are a really good fit on her. They just seem to be more generous in width and depth. (Lula, who has skinny feet, is always better in Clarks). Even their canvas shoes fitted her well. We used to get them from Charles Clinkard in the T centre though, :( sorry!

As a rule, you'll find cheaper, more "fashiony" shoes are slightly narrower and it's harder to find ones that fit wide feet. We have got lots of crocs though and find they fit well. Or how about finding some kids Birkenstock-like sandals, with loads of adjustability? Hope you get sorted.

My avatar
baby_bufters
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby baby_bufters » Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:57 pm

Claire wrote: Start-rite are usually around £4 more expensive but they are a really good fit on her. .

And i find them better quality too...
I have high instep too so understand DD1s problem.
Both mine love their crocs

My avatar
karenandgeorgia
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby karenandgeorgia » Tue Jun 03, 2008 6:48 pm

Did you manage to get anything for her today?

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Tue Jun 03, 2008 6:52 pm

Well we tried on over 15 pairs of shoes and sandals :shock: in Arnouts in Burnage... We tried on ecco, elephantan and another style I can't remember and NONE OF THEM FITTED!!! :roll: They were either too narrow at the toes/ball of the foot, or too shallow or just plain wrong! But they were a fairly limited range as he admitted their main source of income is black school shoes...

So we've ended up with a pair of purple crocs... proper ones... They fit beautifully and she's comfortable in them (hasn't tried to take them off for a start...) and actually they weren't that much more expensive than doodles... Trouble is I now have several pairs of shoes in good condition that are barely used!! Might put them on ebay...

BUT they won't do for nursery really so I'll have to take her to the trafford centre at the weekend I think sad Charles clinkard and R&B in the trafford centre here we come!

My avatar
karenandgeorgia
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: Shoes leaving bruises :( *mini update P2*

Postby karenandgeorgia » Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:28 pm

Glad she has something comfy to wear. I would definately put her old ones on ebay, I have sold lots of used clarks for good money, especially if they are current styles.

Good luck for weekend, hope you manage to get her some shoes then.

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:42 pm

I just wanted to say I really feel for you, Jak is a 5.5 to 6 but his feet are wider than an H so has to go up to a 6.5, and there is only one style that fits him, and they are clarks boots, he's had them 3 times but they just aren't ideal in this weather, we got him some cheap sandals from NEXT but they rub his feet, but he doesn't mind!! I really hope you find something that works, I'm thinking of getting Jak some crocs as they seem to be pretty wide!!!

Good luck!!

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:46 pm

Glad the crocs are perfect for now - why can't they go to nursery? As long as they don't fall off at the back and you are using the strap I have seen kids climbing all over the place in them!

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby beck » Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:45 am

Phebie wears her crocs to DC has had no problems.

PreviousNext

Return to Baby and Toddler