hf1

Nap time help

My avatar
clothsister
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Nap time help

Postby clothsister » Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:41 am

my little girl is 16 weeks old and refuses point blank to have a nap in her cot upstairs. She'll generally sleep either in her bouncy chair or in her pushchair or carseat if we are out but I'd quite like her to actually have a nice nap lying down as i worry about her spine sitting up all the time. She's just screaming at the moment up in her cot. Every now and then she calms down for a couple of seconds before starting again. She's so tired bless her. How can i get her to mar in her cot without her being scared of it by leaving her to scream? X

My avatar
Fayesmum
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: Nap time help

Postby Fayesmum » Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:56 am

No advice as Faye didn't sleep at home till she was 9 mnths old :-? She was the same, bouncy chair or the car or the pram when we were out... When we did finally get there, I was putting her into her grobag and giving her a :bf: in her room with the curtains shut and leaving her musical mobile on - very similar to her bedtime routine

:hug: :hug:

My avatar
lainey1978
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby lainey1978 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:04 am

Molly was the opposite would only sleep in her cot! Amber on the other hand will not nap in her cot and never has, she always napped in her pram and now her buggy!

My avatar
nappynutter
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby nappynutter » Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:04 am

clothsister wrote:my little girl is 16 weeks old and refuses point blank to have a nap in her cot upstairs. She'll generally sleep either in her bouncy chair or in her pushchair or carseat if we are out but I'd quite like her to actually have a nice nap lying down as i worry about her spine sitting up all the time. She's just screaming at the moment up in her cot. Every now and then she calms down for a couple of seconds before starting again. She's so tired bless her. How can i get her to mar in her cot without her being scared of it by leaving her to scream? X

It's safer for babies to nap in the same room as you for the same reason they should sleep in the same room as you (SIDS) until they are at least 6 months old. Sleeping on a flat surface isn't necessarily better for their spines and it can cause flat head syndrome too. If she's not going to sleep then she might not be tired.

The best place for them to sleep is on you or in a sling - comfortable, safe, they will sleep when they need too and you have two hands free to get on with stuff. :wink:

My avatar
knees_on
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Site Supporter

Postby knees_on » Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:09 am

Sorry to say this but you may have to try and forget about the routine type training stuff. sometimes its not worth the fighting!! BTW I've always been into trying to establish a routine but this baby (5th) is not up for it ata ll! What I did with Abi is keep putting her there when she fell asleep mid morning and maybe once a week she would actually stay asleep there. But now she's older (8months) she has got used to it but it has taken ages!

I would try the sling if you just want her to nap or maybe nap with her, that's what I did with my first. Would give anythign to be able to do tht now!!

:hug: :hug: :hug:

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:23 am

I would say she is still so tiny so not to worry :hug: Totally agree with morag

Listen to Your strong instinct about leaving her to cry she is crying coz she needs you. I am sure i read somewhere taht slinging is good for their spine development so do soem slingign instead of pram/car seat napping :wink:

I don't think i started izzy in her cot til she was about 11 months and nothing wrong with her spine at all.

hth xxx

My avatar
evansmummy
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby evansmummy » Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:48 am

I have no advice alot of the time at that age Evan slept in my arms or car/pushchair - I never really kept to a routine , would you be up for cuddling her while she has her nap, she's having a nice lay down nap that way x

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:59 am

Is she really that many already :shock: :shock:

Put her in her pram and park her in front of the washing machine (turned on) a trick Penny taught me and never fails - if she doesn't want to be in her cot no point getting you both stressed over it ;). Sling would be an option for you if I had had time to make you one yet :oops: :oops: :oops: sorry things craaaaaazy here at the moment! Hoping they'll be calmer in 19 days or so!!!

My avatar
babyroo
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby babyroo » Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:04 pm

I would just let her nap somewhere she is happy to. Katie (and some of the children i have childminded) would only sleep in the pushchair so that is where they napped. it was much less stressful for everyone that way.

Next

Return to Baby and Toddler