hf1

Nap time help

My avatar
sophie2198
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: Nap time help

Postby sophie2198 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:23 pm

Im not so sure why you feel napping in her cot is important , surely its better for her to nap where she feels comfortable and safe :wink:

My lo's never slept in their cots in the day - imo cots and bedroom are for night time , not daytime!

Dd slept in her bouncy chair when really little , and when at my mums (she looked after her 3 days a week) she would sleep in her pushchair. Quite often we'd cuddle and she'd fall asleep then i'd moved her elsewhere if i needed to get on with things , or if not i'd just stay there and cuddle :D

Same with Ds.

Honestly hun , please dont stress about routines , what you 'SHOULD' be doing , what she 'SHOULD' be doing , she is only going to be a little baby for such a short time and if you miss this precious time you will look back and regret it :( :(

My avatar
clothsister
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby clothsister » Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:25 pm

Thanks all! Will leave her where she's happy. Just always thought they were meant to be in their cot's it's a learning curve parenting. Sling isn't an option for long periods of time, i've got a moby which i love but my baby is so long and heavy and my back is so rubbish anyway that it would destroy me. Thanks again all.

My avatar
sophie2198
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby sophie2198 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:29 pm

clothsister wrote:Thanks all! Will leave her where she's happy. Just always thought they were meant to be in their cot's it's a learning curve parenting. Sling isn't an option for long periods of time, i've got a moby which i love but my baby is so long and heavy and my back is so rubbish anyway that it would destroy me. Thanks again all.

It sure is a learning curve hun :hug: :hug: :hug:

Best thing if you are not sure about anything is to go with your gut instinct...mummys instinct are normally right :wink: :hug: :hug:

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Shaunie » Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:42 pm

Yes, it's def a learning curve! My boys both slep in their cots for naps (DS2 still does) but not until about 5 or 6 months old. They would sleep in the bouncy chair or the moses basket prior to that.

I prefer my children to sleep in their cot / bed for naps but this routine is different to their night time one. Go with your instinct and try stuff then stick with what works and what you are both happy with :D

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby lazylexis » Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:10 pm

Nathan never has napped in his cot and still won't! In the early days we used a moses basket in the living room or his carry cot/buggy and then the buggy in the hall when he's outgrown the carrycot. Now he'll only sleep in the buggy/car or on the sofa/chair in the living room for naps.
If you find the moby uncomfortable it may be worth trying a woven wrap or another kind of sling.

Previous

Return to Baby and Toddler