hf1

Cant eat wont eat.

My avatar
evansmummy
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Cant eat wont eat.

Postby evansmummy » Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:55 pm

Evan has hit a stage where hes refusing alot of food - it doesnt seem to be bothering him but im unsure what to do at tea time. Would you offer him supper later on or nothing until the following morning? :evil: i want my little piglet back :( Im determinded not to let it bother me as it did with Caden...

My avatar
pinksalmon2001
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: Cant eat wont eat.

Postby pinksalmon2001 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:59 pm

:hug: Tyler goes through stages of this - I offer/serve up breakfast, lunch, dinner, morning snack and an afternoon snack - whether he eats it or not is up to him! He eats/doesn't eat whatever he wants and then I take the plate away. If he really hasn't eaten a lot all day then I do sometimes offer him a banana with his cup of milk before bed but generally he just waits until the morning.

I make food as much of a non event as I possible can if that makes sense - I don't praise him for eating and I don't comment if he doesn't!

My avatar
twinkletot
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby twinkletot » Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:00 pm

With Nathan sometimes he would eat a bite at tea and nothing else. I'd give him a yoghurt and he'd have his milk before bed but I didn't give him anything else. It really used to worry me and I was always fretting that he wasn't eating enough but he would just push his plate away :-? I hated it but he's ok and he eats really really well again now. Even things I never thought he would eat :D

I just used to not make a big deal out of it. If it was lunch i'd leave the non perishable food out for him to pick at obviously I couldn't do that with his tea though. It'll be fine hun :hug: :hug: :hug:

My avatar
evansmummy
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby evansmummy » Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:08 pm

Thanx for the reassurence :hug: we put him to bed tonight without offering him anything else, and i felt so bad :( but i really dont want to offer an alternative when it will just show him thats what will happen and become more of a habit. :roll: why do they not come with handbooks?

My avatar
pinksalmon2001
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby pinksalmon2001 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:14 pm

evansmummy wrote:Thanx for the reassurence :hug: we put him to bed tonight without offering him anything else, and i felt so bad :( but i really dont want to offer an alternative when it will just show him thats what will happen and become more of a habit. :roll: why do they not come with handbooks?

:hug: :hug: If I do offer T somethng else (not often) I do it totally seperately from dinner, so he gets down from the table and plays, has a bath, gets ready for bed and then I occasionally offer him a snack. That way he doesn't connect it as me replacing something he has refused with something nicer!

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:23 pm

I don't offer anything other than breakfast lunch and dinner, then generally I let them eat fruit as and when, Summer often chooses not to eat, but she won't waste away, when she's really hungry she eats

My avatar
jules070603
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby jules070603 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:25 pm

We always offer cereal for supper so regardless of how much they eat at tea they aren't too hungry in the night. Mainly because Zach will be down asking for food as it can take him a while to get off to sleep :roll:

My avatar
babyroo
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby babyroo » Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:25 pm

flutterby wrote:I don't offer anything other than breakfast lunch and dinner, then generally I let them eat fruit as and when, Summer often chooses not to eat, but she won't waste away, when she's really hungry she eats

That's what i do with Katie and she quite often chooses to go to bed hungry rather than eat the poison :roll: i am feeding her :x Obviously she is a lot oldr, but it's been going on a long time and she is bright, energetic and healthy, just skinny.

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:27 pm

Ig Gracie has eaten a good lunch then I don't worry too much, she often only eats a little dinner some times nothing, I give her jelly and fruit, usually a banana or something x

Next

Return to Baby and Toddler