60%

Total votes : 15
My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: Cot bumpers?

Postby tanya » Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:27 pm

Yes, Bella has a tendency to sleep with it half over her face - either that or her rabbit snuggly :) It has also helped prevent some nasty bumps to the head since she has been rolling around in her cot alot.

My avatar
jules070603
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby jules070603 » Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:50 pm

Yes, as y0u pr0bably saw fr0m the piccy 0f Zach.

2 reas0ns, he sleeps with his head pressed right against the t0p 0f the c0t and als0, it st0ps the dummies g0ing AW0L when he m0ve ab0ut and theref0re he d0esn't wake up trying t0 find them.

Luckily, Zach d0esn't try t0 climb 0ut and the bit 0f the c0t with the bumper is in the gap between the wall and the chimney breast IYSWIM s0 there is n0where t0 g0. Als0, if he can m0ve t0 get cl0se t0 it, he can m0ve t0 get away fr0m it.

All in all, bit 0f a sleep saver f0r us really.

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby beck » Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:39 pm

joodel wrote:Used the same one with both my LO's...
Why do you ask?

I've been thinking of getting one for Will every night at least twice he drops his dummy down the side of the cot and its always the side closet to the wall so I have to be a furniture removalist at 2-3 in the morning. So was thinking that a bumper might do the trick. But then sids & Kids (Oz sids foundation) dont approve them because of suffocation risks. I suppose I could always put it on the outside of the cot tho.

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby beck » Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:45 pm

Think I may of just found a solution to my problem (besides getting rid of the dummy :wink: )

http://airwrap.com.au/

My avatar
mabo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby mabo » Thu Jun 05, 2008 6:43 am

That looks great!!!

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:22 am

that air wrap thing look good and hopefully will stop the dummy going awol.

My avatar
eviesmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby eviesmummy » Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:07 pm

Thats a great idea isnt it!

Sadie xx

My avatar
jules070603
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby jules070603 » Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:56 pm

We als0 have a t0wel r0lled up and stuffed at the side 0f the c0t next t0 the wall where there is n0 bumper. We put it against the wall and push it between the rails t0 catch dummies there t00.

Th0se air wraps are great aren't they. I am definately b00kmarking that site. Thanks :-)

My avatar
Rae
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Rae » Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:35 pm

We didn't use a bumper because of suffocation risks when she was younger, and because of leverage risks when she got older. Also didn't see the point in spending the cash on decoration.
Kayleigh had a clip that we would put on her grobag, and it did up on her dummy with velcro. From about 5 months, when she was looking for her dummy, she would go to the clip and then follow the ribbon to the dummy. The clip was made by safety first, and the ribbon wasn't very long, so there was no real hazard to it. At around 18 months she was able to unclip the clip, and also undo the velcro and thus throw her dummy across the room, very annoying!

PreviousNext

Return to Baby and Toddler