hf1

Update on Ben's reflux........

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Update on Ben's reflux........

Postby Annette » Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:51 am

Well we have had our first paed appointment and he has now been prescribed Omeprazole. It was so refreshing to not just be dismissed like my gp last week who just told me to keep going with the gaviscon and his unsettledness was just colic he would grow out of :evil:

So I am hoping that this does the trick. The gaviscon was really helping with the sickness but as Steph warned it did make him a bit constipated so he is now on Carobel instead which seems to be working without the nasty poos.

Sooooo fingers crossed we will see an improvement and the omeprazole eases the acid. It really is getting ridiculous now the amount that he will sleep and even the length of time he will even lay or sit on his own, he seems in so much pain poor little man.

My avatar
Diner
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Re: Update on Ben's reflux........

Postby Diner » Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:23 pm

>:D< Hope Ben improves on new meds. I have to say it really irritates me :evil: when doctors write things off as colic and tell you to wait it out, not very helpful!

My avatar
Shevi
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Shevi » Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:24 pm

glad you had a good appt and hope the new drugs work brilliantly!

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby beck » Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:57 pm

Glad that the Dr listened and fingers crossed tightly that the medication works wonders. >:D<

My avatar
joodel
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby joodel » Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:02 pm

Glad to hear you were listened to this time. FC the meds work well and quickly and you and Ben can get some good quality sleep.

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:07 pm

FC the meds work well for Ben - I am SO SO SO glad you have been seen (so quickly too how did you manage that!!) and they are taking you seriously - hopefully he'll start sleeping a little better now for you now he won't be in so much discomfort - poor wee man!

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:58 pm

Oh wow, I'm so pleased to hear you got something to help him. Like Steph, I'm so surprised you got it sorted so quickly, but that is wonderful :)

Hope it sort him out really soon and he can sleep and generally be more restful :) Hopefully, you'll get some more sleep now too.

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:15 pm

>:D< glad you had a good appointment and hope the meds work!

My avatar
Claire
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Claire » Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:45 pm

Great. Hope you notice an improvement soon.

Next

Return to Baby and Toddler