hf1

Moving into big beds - new Q p.1

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Moving into big beds - new Q p.1

Postby gilbertandmartha » Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:25 pm

okydoky we're moving to Houston in about 2 - 3 months (still not 100% sure when). When we move we'll be going into temp accommodation here for a week, then into a serviced apartment over there for probably 2 months while we look for a house.

Anyway Riles and Lockie are 2 at the end of April, and although their not showing signs of climbing out of their cots yet, Riley is trying to work a way to climb into Lockies so i imagine it won't be long before they put 2 and 2 together :wink:

They will be about 2 and 3 months (minimum) by the time we get into our new house, and have their cots back after a 2 to 3 month gap (while they are in transit) in not really sure what kind of cots/beds will be available.

So do you think I should force the issue and get them into big beds before we go, so that we can manage with whatever beds are available to us, or keep them in their cots and hope that they don't play up too much :giggle:

TIA

SOOOOOO - looks like the advice is to move them. We;ve got cot beds so its just a matter of taking the sides off, but how do you keep them warm? we use sleeping bags right now.
Last edited by gilbertandmartha on Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
ladybird
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Moving into big beds WWYD?

Postby ladybird » Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:37 pm

My lot were all in beds by that age I think.
I don't think you need to force the issue, but you could make a big, fun thing out of it. We put the little 'fence' things up to stop them falling out and just got on with it.

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:38 pm

If it were me, I would go for the bed option - I think it would make life much easier

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby gilbertandmartha » Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:42 pm

ladybird wrote:My lot were all in beds by that age I think.
I don't think you need to force the issue, but you could make a big, fun thing out of it. We put the little 'fence' things up to stop them falling out and just got on with it.

Oh thats what I meant. I wouldnt FORCE them I just meant possibly 'force' them into a big bed before they were 100% ready to fit into our travel plans.!!!! Riley loves to play big girl sleeping already :giggle:

My avatar
justme123
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby justme123 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:45 pm

Mine were both in beds by that age. I would go for it now so that it isn't too much of a big deal or a surprise during the transistional period.

My avatar
Fayesmum
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Fayesmum » Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:11 pm

Faye went into a bed at the end of Janurary (she is 2 and 3mnths), she wasn't showing signs of wanting out of her cot either but Dh really wanted to try it :roll: We started off with mattress on the floor for a few nights and then built the bed, shes been absolutely spot on! Loves her big girl bed :wine: Haven't bothered with bed guards either, we've had one falling out of bed incident but she hasn't done it since.

My parents have got her a bed now for their house which she slept in at the weekend and she was grand there as well :D

I'd give it ago, you can always leave the cots up if you have the space - thats what we did and discovered her cot fits perfectly in our room at the bottom of our bed :lookround: I was quite excited by this discovery! :hohoho:

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:54 pm

I would just go with the beds. All of ours were in beds at 14 months for one reason or another. We did make the mistake of sitting with K for a while but soon learnt that lesson x

My avatar
lainey1978
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby lainey1978 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:59 pm

WTS - I would make the transition now.

My avatar
girlinleeds
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby girlinleeds » Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:30 pm

i'd make the switch, we took the sides of pippas cot when she was 17 months as she was trying to climb out, went through a while of finding her sleeping on the floor, in the wardrobe and a few times her bottom drawer but i think she's figured out her bed is comfiest :giggle:

Next

Return to Baby and Toddler