hf1

Moving into big beds - new Q p.1

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Moving into big beds WWYD?

Postby gilbertandmartha » Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:44 pm

girlinleeds wrote:i'd make the switch, we took the sides of pippas cot when she was 17 months as she was trying to climb out, went through a while of finding her sleeping on the floor, in the wardrobe and a few times her bottom drawer but i think she's figured out her bed is comfiest :giggle:

:hohoho: :hohoho: I think Riley will be like that. Or she'll be climbing into bed with Lockie. he;ll be fast asleep!

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: Moving into big beds - new Q p.1

Postby Kirstyh » Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:54 pm

Anna was still in a grow bag for a while when she moved to her bed. Gracie just has a duvet and pulls it over herself, she is usually out of it when we go to bed but I just cover up, she hates to be hot at night though x

My avatar
ladybird
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby ladybird » Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:54 pm

Re: keeping warm. We put duvets on the beds when we moved them in. Same as we have. They have wool blankets on top in the winter.

My avatar
girlinleeds
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby girlinleeds » Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:02 pm

we switched pippa from a sleeping bad to duvet when we took her cot sides of, as she was able to walk round in her grow bag and i was worried about her head diving into something. she quickly realised the duvet kept her warm, as she was always found in the wardrobe or drawer with it on :hohoho:

My avatar
fivefourfour
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby fivefourfour » Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:11 pm

We've just started using a duvet and pillow to get her used to that, then once that has become more familiar, we'll move her to her new room and take the side off the cot.

You can get duvets that are attached to the fitted sheet and zip up like a sleeping bag which will stop them kicking the covers off - I'll see if I can find the link. Half a mo.

My avatar
fivefourfour
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby fivefourfour » Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:15 pm

Here you go:

Ther are Grobag ones, I think others do them, but a friend ordered from here and said they were nice and quick. http://www.babysleepshop.com/acatalog/First_Duvet_Bedding_Sets__Pink_Stripe__Cot_Bed.html

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:27 pm

ben switched from sleeping bag to duvet when he was about 12m as he kept getting tangled up. We tucked it in so it didn't move too much.

My avatar
JabberJabber
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Site Supporter

Postby JabberJabber » Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:59 pm

We are planning to take the sides off the cot to make it into a bed in the next month or so. Oliver currently has a grobag and often has a blanket in the winter, which he is learning to pull back over himself. We've bought a duvet and pillow and are going to use it in the cot before the sides come off so it's not to many changes all in one go.

My avatar
Soupdragon
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Soupdragon » Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:12 pm

Iris was about the age of your LOs when we moved over here. She coped remarkably well with all the change and upheaval. I kept her in a sleeping bag, just because it was something familiar of hers regardless of the bed she was sleeping in. (Iris had lots of changes of bed over the few months it took to leave the UK and get set up over here: a hotel in Yorkshire, a hotel in London, a hotel in Singapore, some time at a friend's place, a hotel in Sydney and a travel cot in our house in Sydney while we waited for our furniture to arrive - 6 beds in a couple of months.) I took sheets and sleeping bags in our travel luggage and also carried some of our usual brand washing powder, so I could wash as needed and everything would still seem familiar. Once we were set up in Sydney, I introduced proper bedding.

Previous

Return to Baby and Toddler